Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ship a shotgun to be serviced. I have used FED EX to ship before but it is getting so damn expensive. I looked at the rates USPS charges and it is less than half that of FED EX.

Anyone have good/bad experiance shipping via USPS? Any problem shipping firearm, need to disclose that it is a firearm?

Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want to ship a shotgun to be serviced. I have used FED EX to ship before but it is getting so damn expensive. I looked at the rates USPS charges and it is less than half that of FED EX.

Anyone have good/bad experiance shipping via USPS? Any problem shipping firearm, need to disclose that it is a firearm?

Thanks

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Thats the way i sent my Beretta action. I sent it in the medium Flat Rate USPS Box well packed. I took out the insurance and delivery confirmation. It went from Southern IL to MN in (2) days. The total was $23.10 with $1000 coverage of insurance. Thats high to me but wouldn't trust it without the insurance. They didn't ask what i was sending and i didn't tell them. I don't trust UPS and don't have a FED EX location near me.----Matt

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Thats the way i sent my Beretta action. I sent it in the medium Flat Rate USPS Box well packed. I took out the insurance and delivery confirmation. It went from Southern IL to MN in (2) days. The total was $23.10 with $1000 coverage of insurance. Thats high to me but wouldn't trust it without the insurance. They didn't ask what i was sending and i didn't tell them. I don't trust UPS and don't have a FED EX location near me.----Matt

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
If you figure in Insurance- the Postal service is several times higher than FEDEX

Give you shipping example

If you didnt take out insurance- whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
If you figure in Insurance- the Postal service is several times higher than FEDEX

Give you shipping example

If you didnt take out insurance- whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Go online to usps.com and check the price for priority with insurance and registered with insurance. On higher dollar items, the registered with insurance is often less than priority and is much more secure.

Bob

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Go online to usps.com and check the price for priority with insurance and registered with insurance. On higher dollar items, the registered with insurance is often less than priority and is much more secure.

Bob

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have never used USPS for firearm shipments so as far as that I have no knowledge. They are so lasidazical about what they do, I have no faith in them with firearms. Letters OK, anything else, no way.

I ship through UPS with a tracking Number that tells me where the item is at all times and who signed for it within 30 minutes of receipt of item. I have done this a bunch.

No problems to date.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have never used USPS for firearm shipments so as far as that I have no knowledge. They are so lasidazical about what they do, I have no faith in them with firearms. Letters OK, anything else, no way.

I ship through UPS with a tracking Number that tells me where the item is at all times and who signed for it within 30 minutes of receipt of item. I have done this a bunch.

No problems to date.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I think they will all work just fine. It all depends on who you trust and what you want to pay. Availability plays a small part in my case. Good luck--Matt

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I think they will all work just fine. It all depends on who you trust and what you want to pay. Availability plays a small part in my case. Good luck--Matt

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
My experience with UPS is that they won't ship if they know it is a gun---No way Jose in my town with UPS and forget insurance with UPS---Maybe they have different rules in other areas but thats how it is where I live--USPS will ship any long gun out of my post office with a letter from a whiteness that gun was packaged unloaded and a copy of the FFL works great---So what if it is a few $$$s more---It seems to be the best for me---Its one of the only times I can say our PO works---SJB---

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
My experience with UPS is that they won't ship if they know it is a gun---No way Jose in my town with UPS and forget insurance with UPS---Maybe they have different rules in other areas but thats how it is where I live--USPS will ship any long gun out of my post office with a letter from a whiteness that gun was packaged unloaded and a copy of the FFL works great---So what if it is a few $$$s more---It seems to be the best for me---Its one of the only times I can say our PO works---SJB---

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I would rather pay a few extra dollars and feel my gun is safe than save a buck and worry the whole time. With me its USPS Flat Rate that takes (2-3) days.---Matt

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I would rather pay a few extra dollars and feel my gun is safe than save a buck and worry the whole time. With me its USPS Flat Rate that takes (2-3) days.---Matt

·
Registered
850 Posts
I used to ship via UPS, but got tired of the hassles with no-brain clerks, and I also got real uncomfortable after hearing the many horror stories of trying to collect insurance claims.

I've shipped a bunch through USPS and have never had a problem. Believe it or not, the podunk post offices are the eeasiest to deal with!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I used to ship via UPS, but got tired of the hassles with no-brain clerks, and I also got real uncomfortable after hearing the many horror stories of trying to collect insurance claims.

I've shipped a bunch through USPS and have never had a problem. Believe it or not, the podunk post offices are the eeasiest to deal with!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.