Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be shipping approx 2k hulls from Palm Coast Fl to Cary NC.

Would appreciate the following info.

What size box will hold 2k hulls. How much approx. would it cost to ship UPS or USPS.--Cheapest rate,

These hulls are a gift.

Thanx-Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Costs vary they are based on --weight--box dimensions--zip code--ins.--etc. Best way take them to UPS and P.O. as there can be a big difference in costs. Ross Puls

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Phil, number one rule is use the main UPS or Fed Ex, never use a satillte store as they are privately owned and charge excessively. In my opinion, Fed Ex has become the far better shipper, fast and reasonable. The PO and UPS have lost my business. I had a gun shipped here by UPS and they charged the guy $42, I shipped it back fed ex for $13.50 same box, same gun. It went from Idaho to South Carolina in 3 days

·
Registered
886 Posts
A Remington wad box (fig 8, TGT 12, etc.) will hold about 2600 and weigh around 52 #'s. You'll need something almost that size for 2K. Maybe a Claybuster or Winchester wad box.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Just getting by.....
1,255 Posts
Postal calculator link

24" X 24" X 14" and 50 lbs =

40.24 Online Priority

45.20 Counter Priority

25.93 Counter Parcel Post

CONTRACT POSTAL UNIT
320 PALM COAST PKWY NE STE A
PALM COAST FL 32137

CONTRACT POSTAL UNIT
5633 N OCEANSHORE BLVD
PALM COAST FL 32137

POST OFFICE
2 PINE CONE DR
PALM COAST FL 32137

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Remember also that most all shippers (PO, UPS, Fed Ex) have a weight and carton size limit. Make sure whatever box you use is of legal size and weight to ship by the shipper you choose. I know UPS use to have a 70lb limit and i believe the other package carriers follow suit. Not saying your hulls would excede that just saying...............

Matt

·
Just getting by.....
1,255 Posts
Unfortunatley the folks on the receiving end of a parcel sent Media Mail
ususally end up paying the postage due for a Priority parcel.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Had tha happen to me. I sent a bunch of books and cd's to a family member back east. I put some pine cones in the box to take up space and make the box pack better. The Post office opened the box and because of the pine cones my aunt had to pay like 18.00 for addnl shipping charges. I wasn't trying to slide anything by them, just trying to make the box pack better. Jeff

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx guys-the hulls are the new style AA, I don't load Winchesters-Its me , I 've got a shooting bud--who wants them--if I don't have room in the cars--they'll get shipped.

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.