Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is illegal to ship choke tubes to the UK and or Australia ?? I have seen some info concerning customs issues with gun parts. But can find nothing specific.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
maybe mark them as machine parts or samples and customs will probably not bother them. Also don;t put a high price on them. motordoc

·
Just getting by.....
1,062 Posts
There are numerous posts on many firearms forums of firearm parts being confiscated. It's probably best not to lie on a US Customs form and the sign your name to it.

We have a local fellow in prison now for shipping breast plates for body armor to Columbia.

Buds Gun Shop list the following information on their website.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/int_info.php

The Department of State could give you a correct answer, though I'd want it in writing.

Tim

·
Registered
12,389 Posts
You can go to your USPS office a get form CP-72 fill it out and ship it.

If its a small shipment a simpler form CN 22 can be used. Under 36 inch L-W-H and under 4 lbs and value under $400.

I've sent numerous "gun parts" to NZ without a problem.

Be honest about what inside the package and fill the form out correctly "physical address" is very important.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Happy New Year from Aus. No problem this end. I have had many sent USPS from Briley and other places. USPS only costs about $10.00. UPS and Fedex are too expensive. Barry Wilton

1 - 6 of 6 Posts