Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone kindly tell me if Black Powder pistols can be sent USPS or do they need to be sent UPS or Fed Ex? Thanks for looking and your response ------

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Ship them however you want. They do not fall under any FFL shipping rulings. I think they classify them as non-guns, more or less. That might be a stretch, but there is no issues with mailing one any way you want.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Be very careful if the black powder pistol is a TC Encore. There is much to consider any time a TC frame is involved. -Ed

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Ed,

Wouldn't this only hold true if the Encore was barreled in anything other than true BP. One barreled for 6.8mm, .223, etc., would obviously not be a BP pistol. I assume this is to what you refer. He did ask about BP

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
No.

Because the receiver on the TC (Encore & contender) is considered a firearm by itself (and because it has the ability to accept rimfire and centerfire barrels), it must go to a FFL, regardless of what barrel it has, or if it has a barrel at all.

Some other blackpowder rifles have this same requirement, because they make centerfire barrels for it.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
That is OK senorric. And I learnt something today about certain BP platforms. But what senorric is referring are these replicas of old BP, and TC is not yet old enough to have replica made, I guess.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I agree that a black powder revolver SHOULD be ok BUT with the conversion cylinders now on the market for cowboy action shooting, they accept cartridges. Why would this be different than an encore? It meets your line of thinking. I'm just sayin'
I have taken two deer with a Walker colt repo. What a hoot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts