Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
As long as the repair facility has an FFL, you're good to ship. Once repaired, the firearm can ONLY be shipped back to you. If it is not being returned to you, then it must go to an FFL holder.

Doug

·
Registered
43 Posts
You as an individual gun owner can ship the firearm to a repair station and it can then be returned to you... that is not a problem at all.

-kevin

·
Registered
155 Posts
To HE** with UPS. They held one of my guns hostage, and I avoid them whenever possible. The United States Post Office will ship your gun safely to the repair facility, and might save you a few bucks. Don't ship any ammo with it, and you should not have any problems.

UPS does as they plese, including opening your package and resealing it any way they want, and there is nothing you can do about it.

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had sent a handgun for warranty repair to Beretta. I waited 8 weeks and finally called. They sent it out 6 weeks earlier. It turns out that the local FedEx distribution hub logged it in but SOMEONE never logged it out. It just disappeared, gone, but still in my name. I ended up getting a new gun from Beretta and a nice long conversation with the BATF over the phone.

ALWAYS ship guns NEXT DAY! Too hard to workers to make it disappear with tracking.

·
Premium Member
10,462 Posts
Comp 1 - no problem except you broke several laws-- geez guys - dont admit stuff like that online

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
gn, i broke NO LAWS WHATSOEVER--its perfectly legal to ship to a class 3 dealer. U.p.s. don't need to know whats in my packages. If they did know they might steal from me and they are completely unaware of gun laws and don't want to be made aware of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.