Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it’s nice to shine her up.

I’ll admit, I’m bad about cleaning my gun. I’ll wipe it down and maintain the moving parts. But it’s far too long between deep cleanings.

Soaked the receiver and forend iron in mineral spirits, paint brush cleaned, blew dry and oiled. Prepping for sending her out to have some refinish work.

· Registered
3,367 Posts
Sometimes it’s nice to shine her up.

I’ll admit, I’m bad about cleaning my gun. I’ll wipe it down and maintain the moving parts. But it’s far too long between deep cleanings.

Soaked the receiver and forend iron in mineral spirits, paint brush cleaned, blew dry and oiled. Prepping for sending her out to have some refinish work.

View attachment 1742548
Hi tsk. You going to go with a blued finish or go with nickel.

· Registered
319 Posts
My father-in-law shot a Model 12 trap gun. When he got home from shooting, he would spray it down with WD-40, wipe it off, and set it in the corner. He and my mother-in-law both smoked a lot. When he got to where he couldn't shoot anymore, he told me to take it. He said he would get it back when he thought he could shoot again. He never did. I took it all apart and gave it a really good cleaning. I had the stock and forearm refinished and recut the checkering. When I had it back together, I took it to show him. He asks where I had gotten it. I told him it was his old trap gun. He was really impressed with the way it turned out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.