Trapshooters Forum banner

Shells Starting to Show Up

4422 33
FYI, Winchester Super Handicaps have started to show up again sporadically at Walmarts in Western PA and Eastern OH. The price is $7.87 per box which is the same price they've been for the last three years. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart but at least they have not taken advantage of the situation and gouged. Other nearby stores which, when they have shells, are getting $10.99/box for Remington Gun Clubs and $49.99 for 4-Packs of Nitro-27s.

No limit either. I bought enough to get me through the next couple shoots but resisted the temptation to clean them out.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
In speaking with some of the youth team coaches over the weekend, I found that big box stores, like Wal-Mart, selling all of their back room inventory to youth teams. I heard two stories of Wal-Marts selling 40 and 100 flats to a youth team.

· Banned
2,714 Posts
In speaking with some of the youth team coaches over the weekend, I found that big box stores, like Wal-Mart, selling all of their back room inventory to youth teams. I heard two stories of Wal-Marts selling 40 and 100 flats to a youth team.
Amazing what happens when you are nice to the workers at Wal Mart. It looks like a soul-sucking place to work. I've found a little bit of kindness goes a long ways there.

· Registered
141 Posts
Other than 8 boxes of 28 gauge at Bass Pro a few weeks ago I haven't seen a box of shot shells on a store shelve in several months. One real scalper on a local eClassified board had a single box (yes, just one) of Winchester AA 12 gauge for $52. Sure hoping the positive posts on this thread means there is some light on the distant horizon.

· Registered
169 Posts
I found some at Walmart also AA 1300/1/1/8oz kick like a mule in my gun which usually has very little recoil.

Buster
In a Walmart on Monday that had shells. All they had was Federal Grand at $8.10 a box and several flats of Federal Papers.
Don't know price in those.

Yeah... but where? What walmart? Do I have to sell my house with all the good weather and sunshine in California and move to Iowa or Nebraska just to get some factory shells?

· Registered
2,249 Posts
FYI, Winchester Super Handicaps have started to show up again sporadically at Walmarts in Western PA and Eastern OH. The price is $7.87 per box which is the same price they've been for the last three years. I'm not a huge fan of Walmart but at least they have not taken advantage of the situation and gouged. Other nearby stores which, when they have shells, are getting $10.99/box for Remington Gun Clubs and $49.99 for 4-Packs of Nitro-27s.

No limit either. I bought enough to get me through the next couple shoots but resisted the temptation to clean them out.
Speaking of gouging, my next door neighbor was charged $25.00/BOX for shotgun shells at a local gun range a few days ago.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.