Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I was wondering what kind of shells will be for sale at the Spring Grand out in AZ. Just wanted to get some of the numbers for the trip cost. Thanks everyone, have a great day!
-Chase H

·
Banned
694 Posts
What kind of load do you like to shoot. My experience has been if you go to Dicks in Tucson you can save considerably. I"ve always found Dicks to have either Gun Clubs on sale or Federal Gun Clubs. If you are coming thru Phoenix on Interstate 10 there is a Dicks on the East side of 10 headed toward Tucson. The gun club has always had a good selection, based on when you arrive. There has been a vendor on the grounds with shells also.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Surely there is a Walmart close by.
Prices should be just like any other Walmart, 7.87 for Federal Grands, Winchester AA's and Remington STS on the premium shells plus local tax.

·
Banned
694 Posts
There are Walmarts, BUT, will they have the selection Dicks have. He will be able to buy at the gun club but their selection sometimes gets limited.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
The TTSC is somewhat higher priced than Walmart or Dick's as one would expect. There are many Walmart stores in town along with Dick's and Sportsmans Warehouse. The choice is yours but the club carries a lot of brands and loads that are really convenient while shooting here. In the past with the number of shooters in town it usually keep the shelves picked clean at the bargain stores during the shoot. Some shooters buy shells online at these stores and take advantage of having them shipped to the stores here so you can just go in and pick them up. You have to pay for them in advance usually but then the shells are here waiting for you. Good luck and have fun shooting the Spring Grand.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The club price is always competitive. Over the last 10 yrs. we have seen interesting shell availability.
Hopeful things are back to normal.
Call the club. They will fill you in. Don't call Mondays' EH !!

Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looked in Dick's and sportsmans warehouse, yesterday, they have a good supply of shells out front, but don't know how many 4 or 5 flat orders they could fill, U should call and pay, or go online and have your shells shipped....Jim

·
Registered
683 Posts
At the Autumn Grand, the club had a good supply of AA and STS. I do not recall seeing any Federal white hull shells, though. :)

The Sportsman’s Warehouse at Marana had lots of Estate, Gun Club and Top Gun shells. Both locations had other options. They did not register in my memory as they were of no interest to me.

Good luck to those who will be headed that way. The pre-buy option sounds good for those who have a preference for 7.5 or 8.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just got back from the Spring Grand. The trap club have a wide selection: Federal Target, Federal Papers, Federal Grand (White hulls), Remington Nitro, Remington STS, Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics, Rio's, Winchester AA's etc. Their prices are reasonable. I arrived a few days early and found only two Walmarts that had a very small selection of Winchester AA, Winchester White Universal, Nitros and Estates. There are approximately 7 Walmart super centers around Tucson, but I found only two that had any target loads. There is also a Sportsman's Warehouse in North Tucson.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts