Trapshooters Forum banner

Shells in Arizona

2360 Views 28 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Steve12
Dropping my grand children off in Arizona and wanted to do some shooting. I am from California. Can I buy shells?
Steve
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arizona has no problem selling ammo to non-residents. California, however, is not okay with you purchasing ammo out of state and bringing it back with you.
Haven't seen you at a shoot in a long time
I have no need to bring any back
Just didn't want to carry too much with the grand kids on board.
Still have a lot of reloads after missing the state shoot.
Steve

· Supporting Vendor
6,376 Posts
Arizona has no problem selling ammo to non-residents. California, however, is not okay with you purchasing ammo out of state and bringing it back with you.
So California has vehicle inspections at their state line looking for banned products???

· Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So California has vehicle inspections at their state line looking for banned products???
Accurately it's an agriculture inspection stop. I am not bringing any back. The one from Arizona to Nevada has no inspection. We used to bring fireworks back from New Mexico when I was a kid. I shot at a Los Vegas shoot last year. No problems with my shotgun on the back seat.
Once you enter California it is an infraction. CHP has to have Probably cause to pull you over. I was a police officer in California to believe all the rumors of people being pulled over for having ammunition. They have to pull you over for a vehicle infraction or related circumstances.

One of the reasons I bought the bottle s for my Possess Warren from You I don't have any problem leaving powder over night in the Bottles. lol
Inwill be in Phoenix for a week.
Steve

· Registered
36,877 Posts
Do they have specific rules for people from out of state
Yes, they take CA residents into a back room and use rubber hoses filled with sand on them.

· Registered
732 Posts
Come on up to Prescott, about 1 1/2 hours north of Phoenix and shoot in the Western Zone 7/16-18. We have shells, but they are limited to the amount necessary for the events that have been cashiered. As of right now the starting time is 8 am, but that might get moved back. Prescott is a nice place to shoot and you will love the town. The temperature should top out in the high 80's.
JEB

· Registered
7,238 Posts
Come on up to Prescott, about 1 1/2 hours north of Phoenix and shoot in the Western Zone 7/16-18. We have shells, but they are limited to the amount necessary for the events that have been cashiered. As of right now the starting time is 8 am, but that might get moved back. Prescott is a nice place to shoot and you will love the town. The temperature should top out in the high 80's.
JEB
What kind shells and how much? Its the logical next question. Oh, and when/where can I find an updated start time?

Reactions: Steve12
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.