Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the gloomy posts on here about the ammo shortage getting worse and worse I was surprised to see the shelves at the local farm store loaded with cases of federal #8 shot. Various loads starting at $79.99 with no limits in place.
From what I have seen locally things seem to be getting much better.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
After all the gloomy posts on here about the ammo shortage getting worse and worse I was surprised to see the shelves at the local farm store loaded with cases of federal #8 shot. Various loads starting at $79.99 with no limits in place.
It's good to hear. I'd like to see something happening in our area.

· Registered
705 Posts
Not seeing them in VA . Did order some 20's for this Dove season saving my reloading supplies . Boy did I feel it but I paid a little over 120.for a flat delivered to the door. I shoot a Nellie and with the wolf 25+ spring it like high octane.

· Registered
8,427 Posts
So where is this "local farm store" located?

· Registered
205 Posts
So where is this magical “local” farm store?

· Registered
13,008 Posts
Glad to hear things are Rosie there . Here in the SE. The shelves are bare . Shells are as hard to find as an American flag pin at a DNC convention !

· Registered
5,675 Posts
A lot of the farm stores belong to a distributor co-op called MidStates. Federal/ Remington, along with several gun manufacturers, are MidState suppliers. As such, MidStates gets an allocation from Fed/Rem which it would reship to the member stores based upon orders/backorders. Consequently, it is highly likely that the mentioned store would have received a significant supply of shells.

· Banned
35 Posts
A lot of the farm stores belong to a distributor co-op called MidStates. Federal/ Remington, along with several gun manufacturers, are MidState suppliers. As such, MidStates gets an allocation from Fed/Rem which it would reship to the member stores based upon orders/backorders. Consequently, it is highly likely that the mentioned store would have received a significant supply of shells.
what goes up must come down even shotgun shells.

· Registered
4,973 Posts
New weekly flier from Academy Sports advertises Dove hunting ammo. Federal, Winchester and Monark ammo starting at $6.99 a box. I heard they have been getting ammo in lately. Haven't been to that store in over a year so don't know for sure if it is bare shelves or not. I have been seeing ammo a little more frequently again in Walmart too.
Primers and powder still scarce though.

· Registered
347 Posts
My local WM store continues to have very, very, very little ammo...however, I dropped by the nearby Academy and the shelves were absolutely full of .22, .556, and 12 gauge dove and quail loads...Federal, Winchester, Aguila were heavily represented...but zero .410, 20 or 16 gauge. (There were maybe 6 boxes of 28 gauge though).

· Registered
310 Posts
Our various Academy Sports have had 12 ga target loads pretty consistently, but not a lot of variety. A few 20's and 28's. I have not seen .410's in forever. WalMart is hit or miss. You have to be there "at the right time." I am glad for whatever I can buy retail.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.