Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
In 15 months Arizona is going to get its first Scheels! Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Rick Barker

·
Registered
5,986 Posts

·
Registered
35,219 Posts
In 15 months Arizona is going to get its first Scheels! Looking forward to it.
Any info where it will be located?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Any info where it will be located?
The mall by Chandler Blvd and the 101.Two anchor store locations are blocked off, with the barricades saying Scheels Fall of 2023, and showing a store with a Ferris wheel inside it. I had some time to kill today while I was just down the road, so I went to Barnes and Noble, then took a stroll around the mall. There is a Macy's, a Dillards, and next year a Scheels. Looks like two anchor stores are missing, probably a defunct Sears and a Nordstrom? Both empty anchor stores are barricaded and show Scheels advertisements, the map just shows one site becoming the Scheels.

·
Registered
35,219 Posts
The mall by Chandler Blvd and the 101.Two anchor store locations are blocked off, with the barricades saying Scheels Fall of 2023, and showing a store with a Ferris wheel inside it. I had some time to kill today while I was just down the road, so I went to Barnes and Noble, then took a stroll around the mall. There is a Macy's, a Dillards, and next year a Scheels. Looks like two anchor stores are missing, probably a defunct Sears and a Nordstrom? Both empty anchor stores are barricaded and show Scheels advertisements, the map just shows one site becoming the Scheels.
So still 15 months out. Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The Scheels that went in here a few years ago also replaced a defunct Sears store. I like Scheels and don't miss the Sears so much.

Scheels used to sell their own brand of shells which were made by Fiocchi. Right before this mess started 4 of us were going to purchase a pallet of them to split but they wouldn't come down below $60 a flat and we wanted them at $55 a flat because that is what they were when they went on sale. So we passed, now that $60 a flat is looking like it was a bargain. Each individual Scheels store sets their own price on shells it can vary by store quite a bit.

Recall well when they opened and walking through seeing an 8 pound keg of Clays for $160 and thought to myself good luck selling it at that price.

Year and a half ago got 10 bags of shot there at $44.95 a bag that is also looking good at this point and wish I would had bought more.

Looking at the picture remember that I got a flat tire going into town, still was worth it. The dogs were happy, those bumpers are long worn out. Think I'll make a trip into town this weekend.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yes we all remember the low price day's, sadly that is what they are " memories " doubt we will ever see them again, I remember just 4 years ago we purchased a pallet of Winchester super targets for $67 per flat tax in ( $51 USD ) the last batch that arrived from our back order a couple weeks ago was $114 CDN ( $87 USD ) but I also remember when $100 would fill my truck yesterday it took $250 to fill it, but I'm headed for the Canadians in a couple days, will shoot all 1,000 targets with 2 year old cheap ammo, but my fuel bill will be at today's prices and so will the target fee's, but such is life I'm not going to quit shooting, that's what the stinking liberals of the world want.

Reactions: T.E.N

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm still shooting AA's from 2018 and 2019 when the price after rebate was $59.99 a case. Those days are long gone and never to return, very sad indeed. Have a good weekend and good shooting!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scheels is a good store. Crazy price for trap loads though.
Sheels is a great store, my post was not meant to downgrade them, just to point out how greedflation has affected the shooting community. I remember just three years going in Scheels every time I was in the area to purchase STS shot @ $39.99. Bought several bags each trip. Those were the GOOD OLD DAYS!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts