Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

With the lovely state of IL, I cannot have shells delivered to my home (no top gun deals for me).

Does anyone know any shell vendors relatively close by who I can make orders through? I tried searching but couldn’t find much, but wasn’t sure what search terms to use.

Looking at estates, top guns, and Remington Nitros. Also interested in getting maybe a flat of Super Handicaps to try (been awhile) and possibly Aguilas. I can get estates from a handgun store in town here, but cost with tax is a little on the high side.

Thank you all for your help.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I'm assuming your in or close to the great state of cook county? Watch for sales at bass pro shop. If I have to head into the city I'll do it when basspro has sales going on. Other than that midway delivers to my door. But I'm in ogle county.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming your in or close to the great state of cook county? Watch for sales at bass pro shop. If I have to head into the city I'll do it when basspro has sales going on. Other than that midway delivers to my door. But I'm in ogle county.
I’m in Kankakee county. I tried to order from another online outlet and they said state law prohibits ammo delivery to personal addresses. I was not aware of this. Perhaps an error? Always watch for cabelas and bass pro, but their sales are rarely worthwhile enough to make that trip in my experience (for stores in the STL area- my precious geographic approximation).

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Certain websites will say in there fine print they will never ship ammo or hazmat to illinois period. I use midway. Create a profile/account and send a pic of ID and foid. Takes about a day to approve but very worthwhile. Especially in our wonderful state!! I get flats and hazmat delivered to my door. Another one my uncle uses is midsouth shooters supply.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You should head up to mason mi for the spring team shoot at the beginning of may. AJ's will have all the shells you can fit in your truck at better prices than you will get delivered to your house and mason is a great place to shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should head up to mason mi for the spring team shoot at the beginning of may. AJ's will have all the shells you can fit in your truck at better prices than you will get delivered to your house and mason is a great place to shoot.
That sounds great. I forget how much closer I am to Mason now. And AJ is an old shooting friend. It’s been some years.

Great suggestion. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Recob's also delivers to St. Charles club which is in Elburn IL a few times a year. I think the next time is in March. Recob's target shop is the website.
I took a look. Reasonable prices. The shipping and hazmat are killer, so would have to pick up. Wouldn’t be bad if I was up for a registered shoot already.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I’m in Kankakee county. I tried to order from another online outlet and they said state law prohibits ammo delivery to personal addresses. I was not aware of this. Perhaps an error? Always watch for cabelas and bass pro, but their sales are rarely worthwhile enough to make that trip in my experience (for stores in the STL area- my precious geographic approximation).
It's amazing how screwed up some retailers can get our state laws. The law specifically states that ammo can ONLY be delivered to you at the address on your FOID Card. I'm in the non-communist part of the state (Shelby county) and have had ammo shipped from Rogers, Targetsports, SGAmmo, Midway, and lots of others. Rifle, pistol and shotgun. They nearly all require a .jpg or .pdf of your FOID and driver's license to be on file and make it easy to email to them. Knock on wood, I've never been turned down for a purchase because they wouldn't ship here.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Just in case you're wondering, here's the applicable law:

(430 ILCS 65/3)(from Ch. 38, par. 83-3)
(b-5) Any resident may purchase ammunition from a person within or outside of Illinois if shipment is by United States mail or by a private express carrier authorized by federal law to ship ammunition. Any resident purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, I don't, but I'm sure someone will chime in with his info.
You’re absolutely right. And I just talked to Mike. Nice guy. Shot on a squad with he and his grandson at Brittany at the Indian Labor Day shoot 2 Years ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts