Trapshooters Forum banner

Shell rebates

2994 25
Assuming we will eventually see shotgun ammo available soon has anyone heard anything about any rebates?
Have read some posts saying ammo is going up so not sure any rebates will be offered, sure hope so.
What say you fellows in the know?
Reactions: Dstank
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
2,714 Posts
What good would a 2 buck a box rebate for Winchester AA shells do you right now!!! The shelves are empty everywhere right now. I do not see any retailers having full shelves by the end of the rebate period!!!

So IMO:-----------------"NO REBATE" this year. break em all jeff
I just bought AAs for $6 a box all in. I wouldn't mind $4 a box all in.

· Banned
2,714 Posts
I don't believe you!!! let me see a recent store receipt for the correct purchase amount plus tax!!! break em all jeff
I usually throw that crap away before the wife sees it. The only exception is when I'm doing a rebate.

It's not hard to do though. Go get some discounted cabela's cards and use credit card points to knock $10 shells down to $6.

You're a sporties guy. Tap into the Network.

· Registered
36,795 Posts
Not when they’re selling them faster than the shells can be made at full price.

Hopefully things will settle down so maybe we can think about rebates in 2022, but it’s way to early to make that prediction.
Rebates are silly. Sell the damn product at an affordable price first.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
Rebates are silly. Sell the damn product at an affordable price first.
As a consumer, I agree. As a business- think about all the people that bought 5 flats of shells to send in a rebate and then decided it wasn’t worth their time, though. If they just offer a lower price to everyone, they just make less per sale. Trust me, I’m on your side and would much rather have lower prices, but...I don’t see it happening.

· Registered
36,795 Posts
As a consumer, I agree. As a business- think about all the people that bought 5 flats of shells to send in a rebate and then decided it wasn’t worth their time, though. If they just offer a lower price to everyone, they just make less per sale. Trust me, I’m on your side and would much rather have lower prices, but...I don’t see it happening.
Not a very intelligent marketing plan, because consumers are conditioned to not buy until the rebates are available. Very few rebates offered by automobile sales now where at one time it was all the norm and people, held off until rebates were offered.

· Banned
16,331 Posts
Spoke with the folks at Recob’s today. They are one of WI’s largest ammo dealers.
Factory order was supposed to be in during January. They don’t know when to expect anything. The shelves are bare and there’s no good news in sight.
Rebate schmeebate. Just hope shipments eventually arrive.
Then it will be a madhouse.

Reactions: Chestle

· Registered
1,283 Posts
With the shortage this year I would say the chances of seeing a manufactures rebate is about the same as seeing shelves full of AA's at $80 a flat :unsure: 🤣

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.