Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Shamrock Leather single shell pouch w/ hull bag, single metal clip on the belt type. I wanted one for the easy and quick on/off and not have to wear an additional belt. This certainly fits what I wanted and is quality made and I like it, however...

At my old age I'm getting soft, wearing it with a box of shells it doesn't take long before it becomes uncomfortable / distracting from the metal belt clip pressing onto the hip.

I can't think of a reasonable way to add a dab of padding somewhere to ease the pressure. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I recently purchased two single bags, and a vest with double p0ckets either side. I like the vest over the single bag for comfort and ease of operation. Small pocket for my range cards, spare glasses, and box on one side, empties on the other. I haven't donned a single bag for over 2 months now..Found it at the club for about $38 new.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
That's why we wear a separate belt!!!! You can buy a belt to match your existing combo unit, or use a single box holder on one side and a separate hull net on your other side, or around your backside. This will place the weight onto two different places and will not dig into you so much. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This is an easy fix. I had the exact same problem with my Shamrock Leather shell pouch belt clip. Grab a vise grips and bend the end of the clip (very end) away from your hip. You'll solve it in 30 seconds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A couple of layers of shrink tubing from a car parts store is worth a try before you start bending.
Just do not shrink the second layer too tight; that will soften the bend that is 'biting' you.
But will still let the clip start easily over the top edge of your pants belt.
A water pump supply will have thick walled tubing; one layer should suffice.
Granted, you will need a heat gun or hairdryer.
Good shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts