Trapshooters Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am like may others on here, I had a vest at one time, then switch to a Wild Hare pouch and never looked back I love it. It will hold up to 100 rounds and I shoot a lot of 100 bird shoots so it works great for me. I have to say, My vest kept on shrinking one me so it only made sense to start using a pouch that hooked on my own belt.

Combo Box Holder & Detachable Mesh Hull Bag | Recob's Target shop

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Vest? Maybe for skeet or sporting clays. Little pouch to hold the unfired shells on one side and handgun on the other. Empties in the garbage.. Joe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Half vest. Shells on one side, empties on the other. Keeps the weight off my shoulders and puts it on my waist where it doesn't bother me.

·
Banned
3,990 Posts
Shamrock clip-on box and slide on mesh pouch for trap, Shamrock 2-compartment pouch for skeet. Over my Storm jacket in the winter, sweatshirt in the spring and t-shirt in the summer.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Another thing you might want to consider is whether you chuck 'em in the trash at the end of every round or go back to the truck with multiples of 25 empties to take home for reloading.
I have started doing the latter and 100 is about my limit for lugging around in a pouch.
In a vest 25, maybe 50 at a stretch.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Well, another very complicated, and valuable question. I'm convinced it will have a great deal on your final scores.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I always wear both. Shells in a pouch empties in the bag.
A vest gives me a consistency and I always have pockets full of "Stuff"

I have several pouches, several vests, winter jackets, spring/fall jackets etc.
Shopping is a good way to pass time at the larger shoots.

Its All Good

West

·
Registered
302 Posts
I tried 3 different vests , gave two of them to guys at the club. Had a nylon pouch then went with leather clip on shell box & mesh bag. Still have the last vest to try again, maybe

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got used to using a vest when I first started shooting. I have tried shooting without it, but just feels better with a vest. I would think you should use whatever feels comfortable for you. I also use a pouch with its own belt for the empties. Again, just what works for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've tried them all. I always use a pouch ans mesh bag it's own belt. Wear a vest in the early spring and late fall just too keep warm. But I always use the pouch and mesh bag.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a belt pouch and a vest. I like using a vest to keep shirt in place with a consistent mounting point but I don't like the weight on shoulders when vest pocket is full of shells so I carry my shells in a belt pouch.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts