Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do the conversion. Either get someone to do it or look up a guide.. Google's your friend for this one.
Once it loosens, you can decide to keep the extractors or get the springs put back in. I have ejectors on my Ljutic and XT so if I don't shoot reloads, I can just let them fly. I catch them in the air kinda like Vincent Hancock now but I started with cracking the gun open and putting my hand over the chamber and let it eject into my hand. It's kinda hard to explain but it works for me

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Hi Colonel - yes, galling is very bad! I've oiled it well, work it every morning, and then replace the oil.

It's easy to do because the thing is so nicely balanced. Shot my first 50 rounds through it Sunday morning (10 were patterning). Never thought I'd have a sore shoulder - but I'm still getting the mount correct. It got away from me a few times from mounting incorrectly. Practice makes perfect.
Not oil..grease. The thin white stuff. Oil doesn't seem to loosen it up like grease on the new Brownings.
Good luck
No survivors
Bill

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thin white grease - I'm guessing that's similar to cryogenic or vacuum grease.

Will definitely give it a try.

·
Registered
24,842 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Acquired skill? You're making it too complicated. As I open the gun I shift my thumb over the back of the hull and eject the hull up against my thumb.
Haven't missed one yet.
Bud

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Acquired skill? You're making it too complicated. As I open the gun I shift my thumb over the back of the hull and eject the hull up against my thumb.
Haven't missed one yet.
Bud
New gun. Takes both hands and an engine stand to get the breech open. It will loosen up - but it is way stiff right now.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts