Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to try my Browning Automatic at Doubles and can't seem to find a shell deflector. I won't shoot Doubles without one for obvious reasons.

Shell catchers-ones that just catch one hull-are easy to find but can anyone steer me towards a deflector? It seems that I have seen them, they attach on top of the receiver and deflect the hulls downward??????????????

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Lyndon Shumaker

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
I got one for a 391 from Tom Larkin last year and it works fairly well. Maybe 2 or 3 of you could go together and buy a package or buy a package and sell the rest on here.

Don

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I sent my Super X-1 barrel to Stu Wright. He placed a spot of weld on the barrel extension that slides into the receiver. The hulls hit this spot of weld and they fall next to you. My Super X used to throw the hulls well past the adjacent post. I believe the charge for this was only $40. The nice thing about it is you only need to send the barrel and not the entire gun. Hope this helps. Ed

M

·
0 Posts
From maclellan1911:

<blockquote>"I to have been looking for deflector for my browning gold sporting clays, i have had no luck, I am not useing the gun much right now so i stopped looking. I was going to get the one for the beretta and modify it to work."</blockquote>

The link above points to a shell catcher from Brownell's. They have one listed for the Browning Gold.

Mike

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
A small round "bump" on the barrel extension is probably the best system. You can experiment with the proper size and shape of the bump by making temporary deflectors with a good epoxy. Usually a bump with a diameter of about 1/16 inch and less than 1/16 high will work. After you work out the design and position, a more permanent deflector an quickly be made with solder.

Pat Ireland

·
Supporting Vendor
9,758 Posts
The ones that I do look like this. I have done several Remington's and a ton of Beretta's....but, never a Browning. The placement of the bead is critical and different from Remington to Beretta....and one must be VERY careful when welding.

This is what it looks like before shaping-

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
</a>

Tron.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,758 Posts
JB weld is great for finding WHERE the nub should be....but, it wears off after about a box of shells.

Tron.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
maclellan1911, don't sweat it, those are the pics of my guns Tron has. He does all of my work and must say most shooters of the clubs I shoot at as well.

Top notch quality and priced right.

The top pic is my Trap gun and the bottom is my sons 390 barrel.

Jerbear

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I just drilled and tapped a small hole through the reciver and installed a set screw, adjust by turning in or out with allen wrench. I drilled the hole just forward of where Tron welds the pin. Works great. Angle Port will do this for you if you send it to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.