Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Rem 1100 Competition. My old (1983)metal T&S shell catcher will not let the bolt close without assistance. Will the new T&s shell catchers work on a 1100 Competition?

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
The T&S will not fit the Competition Synthetic. The receiver is a bit thicker and the various dimensions are just a wee bit different. The Birchwood Casey is the way to go..... Works perfectly and does not mar the finish......Larry

·
Registered
128 Posts
My son shot a Competition Synthetic for about a year and found what Larry says to be spot on. I used the Birchwood Casey shell catcher with good results.

Brad

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
The Birchwood Casey runs about $15. The issue with relieving metal on the bolt handle is the potential creation of a weaker spot that says "break here". The ability on the Birchwood Casey to simply fold the catcher down to shoot multiple shots is of value also............. Larry

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
RE: is the potential creation of a weaker spot that says "break here".

I had a snap-on shell catcher break. The metal (just a sliver) fell inside the chamber and broke the Interceptor Latch Spring.

Had no idea what happened except the gun was messed up and no way to make repairs at the club.

At home I discovered that a sliver of metal was missing from the inside part of the shell catcher.

I use the gun for skeet also and shell catchers get a workout (on an off).

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have used the "save-it" style shell catcher on my 1100 and sx1 for years. When the two sided tape wears out just replace it with some double sided carpet tape. I was also able to use it with the smaller gauges (20 and 28) just buy adding some shrink sleeving to the wire.

GJB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.