Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine over here in South Africa recently bought a Beretta A400 Extreme Unico with the kick-off system for duck hunting.

He is also a trap shooter, but has had a lot of neck problems and last year had to have surgery.

He tried the A400 today for a round of trap with 24 gram loads and shot well with it, and was astonished at how little the recoil was, and how it didn't hurt his neck at all.

So now he wants to try using it for trap instead of his Winchester Select Energy.

I warned him that he needs to make sure he doesn't pelt his neighbor to the right with shells.

Does anyone make a shell deflector or shell catcher for the A400?

Tim

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
If you look on line the same folks that made the catcher for the 390 and 391 have a unit available for the new A400. I think the company is T&S Supply.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
The T&S shell catchers do work great. I would suggest using a piece of duct tape on the reciever right under where the shell catcher snaps on. The shell catcher moves a little bit and will cause a wear mark on the receiver. The tape is a lot cheaper than a refinish.

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,

It is a camo unit I think.

I will warn him that the T&S Shell Catcher will wear the camo off over time.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I have the Birchwood Casey Save it catcher for my 1100 and it works well, no complaints. Very economical at $15 or so. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts