Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been asked about the angle settings for the plate on a Pro Matic Matrix trap, and truthfully cannot answer it.

I know the settings for the plate elevation is 22 to 23 ° on the Pat traps, but my question is, would that angle be the same for all traps since you are measuring those angles from the horizon ?

Using a radar gun set a 42 MPH also. My thoughts are you would get the 50 yard target, but just looking for some advice on the Pro matic.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Best would be to set the targets with a T-bar the proper distance and height, specs are in the rule book. This should be done with no wind. Then check the angle on the plate and write it down for future use. But if your on the edge of a drop off, have a good ATA shooter eye ball the targets and use that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Use a T bar, once you get it right measure the angle. Remember the machine has to be installed at the right height and should emerge at the same level as the shooting pads.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I happened to remember Sean was involved with ProMatic after I posted this question.

I will give him a call, haven't seen him since our South Carolina days.

Thanks guys !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts