Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Winchester model 12 ,1949 with engraving by Neil Hartliep rt side has ducks taking flight, the left has geese taking flight in a marsh. the proof marks are on the left side of the barrel beside the 2 pin vent rib (duck bill) one white front sight and one white bead mid rib. standard trap stamped on bottom side of the magazine tube ahead of the yoke. it has an extended Winchester forearm ,beautiful walnut rollover stock. 98% wood and blue. I was wondering what the value of the gun might be.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I'm no expert, but I do own and have seen a few Model 12's. Collectors value original configurations and factory engraving, but nicely done improvements can still add value. I'd love to see photos. Beautiful wood and bluing always increase a Model 12's value. Is the "extended" forearm the factory original (11 3/8" long)? Neil Hartliep was a very respected engraver who passed away in 1995. It sounds like this gun has everything going for it, and if I saw it in a store or at a show, at 98% I would expect to see an asking price of at least $1,000. Of course, "value" is whatever you can convince someone else to pay for it.

LA in MA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts