Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
6,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday evening went to the same place as opening day. Ended up following another hunter in so I gave him plenty of room and just had fun after a while we ended up near each other.
That is when I saw the most awesome thing, I called that doves where coming over his shoulder and he shot twice dropping two birds. The awesome part was his yellow lab broke to retrieve the first bird hit and my yellow lab broke to retrieve the second. Almost like a practiced team the dogs found and brought both birds back.

These two dogs that had never met just doing their own thing and in cooperation with each other. AWESOME!

Al

· Registered
3,189 Posts
I had a beagle back in the 60s that had a working knowledge of the kings English.....she was a good pet, fair rabbit dog, and a great dove hunting companion.....she would sit by me and watch the sky.....when her tail wagged, it was about time to shoot.....she ALWAYS found the dead birds, but refused to retrieve!! Didn't want those damn feathers in her mouth....lol...she would stop a cripple, but was reluctant.....when things got slow, she would check out the rabbit populous, but it was to hot to run........rabbit season, she was at home on the trail......hell with those birds.......great dog........m

· Registered
6,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had more good times with my pup yesterday evening. Three birds that I was sure I hadn't hit brought back to me. The pup is very visual and seeing how a dove is hit heads straight for where it is going to hit the ground. One bird a tree branch redirected the bird and the pup didn't see that. Watching her looking at how she was almost chasing her tail because "the bird isn't here!" Then she practically turned her nose up at it when I put her on it. The pup has me anxious to get out just to see what she is going to show me next.

Al

Reactions: murphranch

· Registered
705 Posts
Al congrats , I know very well how you feel . It's a great feeling watching your pup perform to or above what is expected . That's a good looking pup .I wish you many great years with your friend .Hell I consider mine family . My wife always said if something happens to her she wants to be come back as Jake my lab . Enjoy 😊

· Registered
6,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
438 Posts
Love it!

What guage is the M11?

I have been splitting time between using my dad's SKB SxS and a 20g A5. But it may be time to celebrate my Square backs full time.

Al
It's a 12. When I got it the Cutts compensator was pretty trashed. So I cut it off, put a bead on it, and started shooting birds 😁

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.