Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a browning bps trap, used is very much ok, i want to use it for turkey shoots, a littler bird told me they are great for this?? any opinions?? espically with custom chokes..one or two pictures would be great..

Bill

E

·
0 Posts
They are very nice guns for the money! The only things that need to be altered from stock is the trigger (lousy feel and excessively heavy pull. A good gunsmith can fix this for less than $50) and a IM Comp-N-Choke. I've had a few of these over the years.

I shoot a fixed choke BPS Trap these days that I got from the original owner. It was made in 1980 and shoots just as good as the newer ones.

BTW, they're great on doubles too!

ec90t

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The BPS Trap is my "go to" gun when I want to shoot LOOOOOOONG range. With a Comp-N-Choke .035 and 1 1/8oz of #7 at 1365fps, I feel invincible! (too bad I'm not) I reworked the trigger to 3 1/2 lb pull with no creep.

AndyH

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had one for sale ....but after reading ANDY44's post.....I think I will try it again. When I first picked one up I knew it was a SHOOTER...add to that..I'm left handed...SOLD....Brownings just seem to POINT for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.