Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on getting rid of the search.conduit PUP? Spybot and Malwarebytes have failed to fully remove it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I just read a report that compared a number of well known protection and removal softwares and it said Avira was best.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sts, I use CCleaner all the time. It has not removed it. I use the free version. When I try to manually remove as you suggest in tool, I can mark it disabled but can't click on the "remove" button. The disable thing doesn't seem to affect it as it still shows up in my tool bar.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Had trouble with Conduit and Sweetpacks coming back after manually uninstalling. I downloaded Tool Bar Cleaner and it took off the Conduit and Sweetpacks tool bars plus several other items I didn't know were there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
APrice,
I went through this in the past, CC Cleaner will remove it, make another search engine your default then manually remove it from your browser list. I also use the free version of CC cleaner.

·
Registered
357 Posts
+1

CC Cleaner will remove it, make another search engine your default then manually remove it from your browser list.

Also check the add/remove programs and see if it is there. If you sort by date, you may see others that were installed the same date.

It is a feisty one... if you don't get it removed from ALL of your browsers, it will re-spawn into the uninfected ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts