Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by another coach that our SCTP team has money sitting in an account in Sparta where we have placed in competition there the last few years.. According to him, we dont actually ever receive the money.. do any of you know about this and how it works? thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think he is referencing the Midway USA foundation run by the Potterfields. Your team has to register with the foundation (the link above will let you see if you have an account).

Potterfields put money into your account for various activities. For example colleges shooting in specific ACUI events will acquire money into their account for participating and additional monies depending on how well the team/individual did during the event.

Some SCTP events have the same situation. I believe the team champions for the SCTP national events received $5,000 (I am not sure if that is every event or just the overall (trap/skeet/sc combined)).

You can donate money to a team account. Potterfields will then match 2 to one for your contribution. Donate $1000, Potterfields will add $2000 and you will have $3000.

You can request 5% of the balance every year. There is an 8-10 page application process. You can't use the proceeds to buy guns but entry fees, travel, practice fees etc are OK. Your balance does not go down when you ask for the money. It is a real endowment. There are teams with more than $100k in their account and get a $5,000 check every year to help with expenses.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
There are teams with over $500,000.00 in their account...

The commitment that the Potterfield's have made to youth shooting sports is amazing.

SW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts