Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be helping this weekend at the Scholastic Clay Target Program's (SCTP) booth (#602) at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. Stop by, say hi, and find out more about this great youth shooting program.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
For anyone not familiar wih this show, IT IS A BIGGGG SHOW! It has over 1000 exhibitors spread across five or six interconnected buildings. I was there Monday during the snow storm that closed schools and other things. It was (sarcasm on:) A WHOLE FIVE INCHES (Sarcasm off). Just yesterday, for probably the third or fourth time this season, I plowed 12 to 15 " out of my driveway and I lost track of how many lesser amounts were also plowed out this season.

Still with Harrisburg having traffic snarled, the show was still quite crowded. I did see the SCTP booth but when I went by it there was no one manning it. I was a little surprised that the ATA did not have any representation there.

If anyone stops by the Berretta display maybe you could get more details about that temperature/shot count/ pressure monitoring device they have for the Xcel series of shotguns. They call it "Gun Pod" It i shown on pahe 28 of there catalog.

Roger8918, I hope you get a lot of youths asking about and hopefully taking part in the SCTP program.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Roger...

Can you give us a report on how your manning the SCTP booth was? Hopefully a lot of interest from the young shooters (and their support staff, Mom and Dad).

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The show was excellent and it was great to see all the interest in the SCTP program. We had two goals going into the show, first we wanted to get the word out to the kids and parents. Second, we wanted to reach out the the clubs and encourage them to start new teams. At the end of the week I thought we did an great job with both. These parents and kids just eat this stuff up, we just need to do our part and get the word out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ata would have to drive through Ohio, Vandalia, and the Cardinal Center to get to Harrisburg. Never know who might be hiding in the bushes to get them.

BG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts