Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Perazzi MX10 RS
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local SCTP has been put on hold, anyone else seeing the same thing? I guess because schools are cancelled is the logic...

·
Registered
69 Posts
They have canceled a couple of the SCTP shoots for us but are still going forward with Regional's in about a month. I imagine that will be canceled too. Pretty much everything shooting around here has been canceled and several clubs are only allowing members to shoot. Our team is practicing but it is optional. I did see that they are waiving the 6 practice rule if they do have a state meet.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It’s not just trapshooting folks. The ASA (Archery Shooters Association) has cancelled all ASA sanctioned shoots through the end if April with a note they will reassess the situation at that time. Here locally, all schools are on extended Spring Break with the very real possibility of not going back at all. While I am sorry for all people I especially hate this for the kids...

·
Registered
211 Posts
My son was about 1 week away from forming a high school trap shooting team when all sports and clubs at his school were shut down. Nobody is returning to school until at least April 16. We will have to start the process over again for next year. Pretty disappointing as he had put alot of work into getting all the approvals.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My son was about 1 week away from forming a high school trap shooting team when all sports and clubs at his school were shut down. Nobody is returning to school until at least April 16. We will have to start the process over again for next year. Pretty disappointing as he had put alot of work into getting all the approvals.
Sorry to hear that. I'm sure he's bummed out.

Just curious...what "approvals" did he have to get?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The high school clay target league does a good job of giving you a script that you follow to get a team approved. He needed to get his selection of a head coach approved (that was me) and he needed the athletic director to approve. The athletic director had to get approval from the principal and the school board. The deadline was March 23 to from the team and school got canceled 1 week ago. Bad timing....

·
Registered
95 Posts
The high school clay target league does a good job of giving you a script that you follow to get a team approved. He needed to get his selection of a head coach approved (that was me) and he needed the athletic director to approve. The athletic director had to get approval from the principal and the school board. The deadline was March 23 to from the team and school got canceled 1 week ago. Bad timing....
Oh, that makes sense. Sorry but I missed the word "forming" and thought he was just joining a team.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's every day now something else is cancelled, and for good reason. This virus is nothing to play around with. I feel for the kids. The SCTP program for sure but most all schools in the country are closed for the year now and I really hate it for the high school seniors being cheated out of so many end of high school things. A terrible time for our country....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got a call from our state (TN) SCTP coordinator yesterday. He said they haven't cancelled the shoots for the next three months yet but I just don't see how they are going to happen at this point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our head coach emailed that the high school trap season was done for our school district. I hope that my boys will be able to shoot trap this summer in 4-H.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The range where we practice and have most of our matches opened again yesterday. School is closed (online) until April 24th. Hopefully we can still salvage some of the season!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oregon schools are now closed for the rest of the year. Which means OSAA has shut down all high school sports. Our trap season is done before we even started. 4-H also sent out an email that State is now canceled because National is canceled. It’s been a sad spring for certain

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oregon schools are now closed for the rest of the year. Which means OSAA has shut down all high school sports. Our trap season is done before we even started. 4-H also sent out an email that State is now canceled because National is canceled. It’s been a sad spring for certain
Absolute bummer, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I am a HS and College coach in IA. Sadly we have lost our season this year. We shoot SCTP and the league is organized by the IA DNR. The DNR remaining in alignment with our Governor has canceled the season.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am a HS and College coach in IA. Sadly we have lost our season this year. We shoot SCTP and the league is organized by the IA DNR. The DNR remaining in alignment with our Governor has canceled the season.
Very unfortunate for soooooo many! It still boggles my mind that clay target sports can't be altered enough to meet all CDC guidelines and standards. At the end of the day, those that feel uncomfortable participating can certainly make that decision.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Very unfortunate for soooooo many! It still boggles my mind that clay target sports can't be altered enough to meet all CDC guidelines and standards. At the end of the day, those that feel uncomfortable participating can certainly make that decision.
Are other sports continuing on?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts