Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not tried to buy and weights recently. With lead coming down, is the price and availibility any better now? Was paying about $.20 a pound and happy to get it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Barrelbulge, I am located in western pa. If jim isnt interested, maybe we can work something out if you're anywhere near me. Jamie

·
Registered
297 Posts
FWIW....A few of the tire shops out here are asking $65 for a bucket of wheelweights!! Currently lead is right around fifty cents a pound. I'm envious of you guys buying it for under a dime a pound!!

FN in MT

·
Banned
18 Posts
Gary,

Where in Baltimore can I buy lead for $.07 a pound? I am in critical need of a ton or so...

Please email me with the particulars.

Kevin Sheff

·
Registered
662 Posts
In the past two years I have collected near 5000 lbs. and have never paid one red cent for them not one. Mine is a sweet deal I collect the wheel weights and two other people make shot I get one third of the end product. These two other people are retired and I am on the road in and out of the kind of places that have the weights. As I repair gas pumps. Paul

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Scrap cars are 75 a ton right now around here. But just for grins lets see $50.
divided by 2000 is .025 cents per lb. So the guys throwing them in junk cars are idiots? I have not checked the market on wheel weights but I will on Monday. Oh by the way I have been in the salvage industry since 1981 so I know of what I speak. Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.