Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started trap last March and quickly picked up the sport, recently I hit a 94 on singles and since my scores have dropped and have plateaued back to the 80's range, my gun is fitted to me and everything but what can I do to get my scores back up. I go out to Sparta with my 4-h club in a couple weeks and would like to be breaking scores in the 90 and above range. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,766 Posts
I can't think of any better advise than what's said above.
I'm in the same boat...started in January this year and seem stuck in low 90's on singles and high 80's on handicap. I think as long as I keep putting targets under my belt that average will climb. Trap isn't a race so slow and steady will get you there. I tried the "shoot, shoot and shoot even more" approach and started to get burnt out quickly. Don't be afraid to experiment with different loads/choke combinations at the pattering board either, just don't forget what you know already provides consistent results, even if those results are not as high as you would like, they are consistent.
Keep shooting and it will come, that's my plan anyhow ;)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I agree with flashmax and Wadhopper. Not a race.

Finding Your Recipe can sometimes be a challenge. You stated your gun is fit for you. Go out and shoot a couple on the pattern board just to make sure all is in line.

What targets/posts are giving you the most issues? Many times we can fix this by stance and hold points. Feel free to PM us and we will do our best to try to help in any way.

Please share more info

1 eye or 2 eye shooter? Any other details on your shooting routine.

The Bartholows

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Keep your head on the stock and your eyes on the bird! Do not look down the barrel when you are calling for your target. All this missing stuff gets in your head and it's extremely difficult to get out. Go shoot, have fun,and break one target at a time! There's nothing wrong with your shooting..........Focus, Focus, Focus.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts