Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Score Keeper

I noticed this weekend at the Silver Dollar,none of the score keepers sat in an elevated scorer's chair. Most were sitting in low style chairs.One would think this is a poor policy as the scorer has less than a clear ,unobstructed view of all the target angles.Its another aspect of a shooter claiming there was a chip and the scorer disagreeing.Even my small club has elevated scorer chairs. Any thoughts? BB

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sitting in the lower chairs is more comfortable but it is tough looking through a shooter to see a target or a "chip".

On the other hand looking under a target from the lower chair position can be a benefit for sure.

I will be down there Wednesday and check it out!

FRedmon

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
When i was down there for two days of the chain shoot I noticed that the scorers were somewhat advanced in age. I would guess they might have a little trouble getting into a higher scorers chair. Don't ask me how I know this! LOL They were good scorers, very polite and effective.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I score I stand behind at about the 20 yard line for singles and a yard or two back from the shooters for handicap. Since I am 6 foot 5 inches, not many shooters taller than me to block my view.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.