Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have some old nice plexi-glass covers that were part of the gun club long before I arrived. They have all gotten old and brittle. Does anyone have a source or idea of whom may make such a thing in a production type item rather than a one off special made unit?

These are the glass covers to keep rain off score sheets.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
We had a member build wooden frames with a plexiglass cover, that were large enough for the score sheet clipboard to fit under and still have enough room to reach under and write scores. Our score stands had a writing surface to set everything on. We would use them more often, but it hardly ever rains in Oregon. :) Mark

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Go to a local dry cleaner and ask to buy a butt roll of plastic bags. They are cheap and disposable once a shoot is over, toss them. They're not as sturdy as plexiglas glass but they are cheaper and easier to use.

John​

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Take regular score sheets to Staples to be laminated. The grease pencils work on the laminate. I take digital pictures of them front and back, then use WD40 to clean them for re-use.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Rain sheets are waterproof score sheets that look just like regular score sheets but work in the rain. They are common in NSSA skeet events. It is not a major expense, because they are only used when needed.

·
Banned
232 Posts
Take regular score sheets to Staples to be laminated. The grease pencils work on the laminate. I take digital pictures of them front and back, then use WD40 to clean them for re-use.
Would the pictures be acceptable for compliance of the rule stating that you have to keep the scoresheets for one year? I often wondered how you could use a "re-usable" score sheet and keep them for a year without spending a bunch of money on laminating a couple hundred sheets.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Why wouldn't digital pics be legal? They are date stamped and saved on the clubs pc and backed up off site. I could print them out if needed. I have had to go back to them to verify a score, no problem. They are dated, squad noted, event listed, and shooters names on both sides.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
We shoot in the rain a lot around here. The scorers use the rain sheets and scores are marked with a black grease pencil as suggested in the above posts. Works slicker than whale snot.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Elaborate.
Rain paper is easily bought on the internet. It has many uses but in particular is you are running a tournament make sure you have a box in your stores which will ensure that it will actually NOT rain. LOL Its blank paper and many shotgun sports tournament programs (I'm familiar with skeet software) will print out a score sheet on blank paper. The rain paper will hold up when wet but you can write on it just like regular paper.

Here it is for sale on Amazon but you can get it at many sources. Brand I have used is Rite in the Rain

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2s2j5brkqr_b

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
What 5 Stand Dan said. If they get wet....just hang them up a few minutes, let the water drain off. Use lead pencil or ink pen. Either one works. Use them in dry or wet conditions. Much cheaper and less cumbersome than plexi-glass covers.

http://www.waterproofpaper.com/rite-in-the-rain.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts