Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After posting a WTB thread here I received the below email.

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:18 AM
To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Perazzi MX2000 bunker /live bird Gun

Hello Stan ..
I have the Perazzi MX2000 bunker /live bird Gun for sale and in good working condition
Get back to me if you are intrested in buying

Thanks

After asking for pictures and pricing I received Pictures of a Nice Bunker gun which I found listed on Guns International New Gun for sale by a dealer - I received the exact same Pictures as the New gun listed on Guns International) Only this guy is asking half the price...

Beware guys !!.. I was lucky to have seen the gun and was suspicious about the price.. I was biting for the first three emails..

He gave me a Phone number of 248-658-8409 --- of course there is no answer now..

Just thought I would give you guys a heads-up..

Best Regards;
Stan Boss

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
They almost always say something a little off that should red flag them.

In this case is was, "in good working condition". I have never seen a legit gun ad that describes the item like that.

Regards,

Chip

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Stan, it's not to hard to come up with your e-mail. You put in the add on the tc.

David has asked everyone to work through the pm's, and not put their e-mail on the site. That way we can track the scum bags down!

Ajax

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I did a search on TS.com and that e-mail address comes up in two other threads. One is from David listing scammers and the other is another one reporting a similar situation to this one. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Tall-XL----A248 area code on the phone number is in South East Michigan.

I live in Royal Oak, MI a Detroit suburb and my phones both have area codes of 248.

Do a reverse look up on white pages dot com and see if it turns up anything towards an I.D.

Chuck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just done a T/S Search for the name "Richard Ward" and saw this guy is notorious here on T/S.... We all should remember this name & email..
Wow, I feel lucky !
Thanks;
Stan

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Stan: LONG time no see, hope you are doing better. We are having a meat shoot this Sun. Jan the 26th at CGC if you feel up to it. Ross Puls

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got the same email last night off of my wanted to buy muller u3 optima hp choke, it ended up in my spam folder so knew something wasnt right,some people are just leeches!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New Update guys --- "Richard" is now giving me an Address to send Money... See Below --Stan , Thats great
Email me a Copy of your FFL for shipping

You can Make payment

Email USPS Priority Mail Money Order or Cashier check or Bank Check to My name and address Below and email me Tracking # Once you put the Money Order in the Mail ....

Name : Richard Ward
Address ;69 Brock St E Oshawa, ON L1G 1R8, Canada.

Hope to hear back from you soon

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW - I did reply to old "Richard" see below ----

Richard

Check is on the way.. Please stay close and wait for arrival..
Can’t wait to get the gun, - it looks great!!!
It looks just like a New Gun I saw at a dealer.. see below
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Perazzi-MX-2000-8-Bunker-Live-Bird.cfm?gun_id=100180830

Keep me posted on what you get at 69 Brook St.;
Stan Boss

Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Perazzi MX2000 bunker /live bird Gun

Stan , Thats great
Email me a Copy of your FFL for shipping

You can Make payment

Email USPS Priority Mail Money Order or Cashier check or Bank Check to My name and address Below and email me Tracking # Once you put the Money Order in the Mail ....

Name : Richard Ward
Address ;69 Brock St E Oshawa, ON L1G 1R8, Canada.

Hope to hear back from you soon

Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'd take a dump in a box and priority mail it to him.

But that's just me.

I would be considerate enough to email him the tracking number, however.

Regards,

Chip

·
Banned
331 Posts
The same guy tried to sell me two mec grabbers for 400.00 this week. When he
sent pictures, they were hydraulic and he didn't know the difference. He send
all the info and pictures to my old email address. Don't know how he got that.
I've never listed it here on TS.????

·
Banned
331 Posts
The same guy tried to sell me two mec grabbers for 400.00 this week. When he
sent pictures, they were hydraulic and he didn't know the difference. He send
all the info and pictures to my old email address. Don't know how he got that.
I've never listed it here on TS.????

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also got an E-mail from Richard Ward saying he had an O/U gun I was looking for. I asked him how he got my E-mail address and how he knew I was looking for an O/U. Never heard back from him.

I also asked for pictures and where he was from. Never heard back from Richard Ward..

Don't ever remember using my personal E-mail address on here. Wonder how he got it

Philly D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I also received a Richard Ward email for a WTB thread I posted, I had not listed my email address. I saw the same red flag as others "in good working condition". Thanks to the wonderful search feature on this site the truth was quickly revealed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tall-XL,
I was working on a deal on some barrels and I had made the MISTAKE of using my email address. These same people started sending emails, trying to get me to send the check to them. Of course there was a "DEAR JOHN" excuse. Lucky I caught on and did some "home-work" and the phone # is in the Detroit area. Same 248 #. Maybe they will meet with a unfortunate accident of some kind! Be sure to ask for contact info and talk to the people you are dealing with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts