Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Savage 333 12 GA O/U won

I have a Savage model 333 mfg by Valmet 12 GA O/U and it is currently functioning like a single shot. When I fire it does not cycle over and allow me to fire the 2nd barrel until I reach down to the trigger and push the barrel selector button and then I can proceed. This condition came on over a period of a few weeks. At one point I removed the trigger assembly from the stock, sprayed with gun oil and it was okay but now it is a totally manual procedure.

Any ideas on where I should be looking?

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
820 Posts
Is the safety going on or partially going on? I'm not sure if all of them are the same but I had one in my shop recently that had similar problems. At some time someone had tried to disable the automatic safety but with that design it has to function. I you pull the stock and watch it operate you may be able to see the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CCW, we're getting close! the automatic safety seems to be working fine and I don't detect any sloppiness. I read elsewhere about only changing the barrel selector on this model when the gun is broken open. When I do this and select the under barrel first it cycles correctly and automatically allows me to use the over barrel. I did this successfully 3-4 times and then selected the over barrel first and it still requires me to manually select the under barrel after I fire the over barrel.

Strange?

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
Do Like CCW1911 says and look at it first hand, also see if the trigger assy is dragging on the stock, it may need to be relieved a little.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the stock off and the behavior is the same. I don't see anything different in the mechanics with under barrel first vs over barrel first. Unfortunately it only works correctly when the under barrel is selected as the first to fire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.