Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years back Caesar Guerini made some guns for JP Sauer. One model is called the Sterling Trap.
I have searched the internet several times for information and have found only one thread regarding these shotguns. That thread was posted on this site and is 10 years old. Only one person on that thread actually owned one.

My question is whether this is a real Guerini ( like a Summit) or just made to JP Sauer specs. The prices of the guns that are available are very attractive if it's a Guerini Summit just badged by Sauer. However, if it's built to Sauer specs rather than Guerini specs, it probably handles quite differently.

I did call the vendor who has some for sale but their salesman didn't seem to know much about the gun.

Any info you can share is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
There is currently a 30" barrel Sterling Trap shown on Guns International for $1199. Seems like a great buy if someone wants that barrel length. New condition.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I just bought one for my wife for Helice/ZZ bird and similar games. Haven’t shot it yet, but i found it on Guns International, Bass Pro had several at 1,199$ so they shipped it free to my Cabela’s, I opened up a card and I think I saved 100$.
So for 1,100$ it looks like a lot of gun, mine is an Int. Trap model with fixed chokes, there was a field and a skeet a while back but gone. Now Sauer farms out to Turkey for there guns (which I won’t own) instead of Guerini.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Some years back Caesar Guerini made some guns for JP Sauer. One model is called the Sterling Trap.
I have searched the internet several times for information and have found only one thread regarding these shotguns. That thread was posted on this site and is 10 years old. Only one person on that thread actually owned one.

My question is whether this is a real Guerini ( like a Summit) or just made to JP Sauer specs. The prices of the guns that are available are very attractive if it's a Guerini Summit just badged by Sauer. However, if it's built to Sauer specs rather than Guerini specs, it probably handles quite differently.

I did call the vendor who has some for sale but their salesman didn't seem to know much about the gun.

Any info you can share is appreciated.

Thanks.
I bought one a few years ago at Bass Pro. 30" non selectable trigger fixed chokes IM & F. I had my stockbuilder put on an adjustable comb. I use it for bunker and wobble trap. I really like it. Yes it is 100% Caesar Guerini inside. No way to go wrong at that price.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought one a few years ago at Bass Pro. 30" non selectable trigger fixed chokes IM & F. I had my stockbuilder put on an adjustable comb. I use it for bunker and wobble trap. I really like it. Yes it is 100% Caesar Guerini inside. No way to go wrong at that price.
Thank you. That is what I have been waiting to hear. Might go buy one. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts