Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped by my LGS and the owner was busy opening some boxes lo and behold powder! He even had a single pound of universal clays! I could not believe it, first one I've seen in 4 1/2 years. Of course I snapped it up along with some HS6, Winchester Superhandicap, Longshot, winchester 231. 800x and Hp 38. I know it doesn't sound like much to some of you, but for us poor starving jerks in the middle of the pacific ocean, it was like Christmas morning and finding there was a blonde under the tree for me. I'm hoping for some red and green dot but have not seen any in seven years. Still one can hope about the powder, not so much about the the blonde. Of course I'll share with my powderless amigos, but not the ones with blondes, after all it's not like they don't have anything to do.
Aloha

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
Congrats on the early Christmas... But I gotta ask - what does powder cost in the middle of the Pacific?

(Not sure I really want to hear the answer)

·
Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If your lucky, the cheapest is 37.00 a pound but they rarely have anything. For the other two places that carry on the island 55 to 65 dollars a pound. cost you get use to it's availability that's the real problem. Shipping powder here is almost impossible you have to ship by ocean freight and use a special shipping container that holds a max of 100lbs. they only ship a max of 4 containers per ship one on each corner The container fee last I checked was 1100.00, not shipping cost mind you just for the use of the required stupid container And there are a slew of shipping cost and fees like trucking companies that have a special permit to operate on the dock and handle that type of materials. You can buy primers here just have to ship by second day air and hazmat. I bought 10000 primers for 540.00 shipping including not too bad. Ammo can be shipped but hard and expensive you got to buy a huge amount to make it somewhat cost effective. When you see stuff you got to buy it because you never know if you will get another chance.
Aloha

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
Ouch...

·
Premium Member
13,035 Posts
Yeah, I live in PA and in fact I do know where there are places (old quarries) where you can shoot a Howitzer...
Lots of guns here - and places to shoot. Hand guns are easy to buy. CCW on demand. Powder is reasonably priced (last time I bought Promo cost me about $80 for eight pounds).

Never been to the 50th - always wanted to visit, but work keeps me going the other direction when I leave the US mainland (Europe).

High school classmate and his husband (don't ask) live there - he posts pictures all the time and it makes me rather jealous - at least of where he lives.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dropped by my LGS and the owner was busy opening some boxes lo and behold powder! He even had a single pound of universal clays! I could not believe it, first one I've seen in 4 1/2 years. Of course I snapped it up along with some HS6, Winchester Superhandicap, Longshot, winchester 231. 800x and Hp 38. I know it doesn't sound like much to some of you, but for us poor starving jerks in the middle of the pacific ocean, it was like Christmas morning and finding there was a blonde under the tree for me. I'm hoping for some red and green dot but have not seen any in seven years. Still one can hope about the powder, not so much about the the blonde. Of course I'll share with my powderless amigos, but not the ones with blondes, after all it's not like they don't have anything to do.
Aloha
I got a few kegs of red dot here on maui if you can figure a way to get it to you on the big isle. It cost me $170 per keg to get it here. If you got fishermen friends....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts