Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the Krieghoff San Remo designation? That is, can a San Remo be a "field model" with San Remo engraving ? or must it be a trap or skeet model? Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
San Remo was an engraving pattern/grade; i.e., it was a "grade II" for the lack of a better term - that is, until the Munchen grade came out in late 32 production. Then, I suppose you would say the San Remo was a grade 3. Trouble is, the San Remo still had Roman Numeral "II" on it, whereas the Munchen had "IX" on it.
I believe a San Remo could have been anything you wanted from anything which was offered at the time of manufacture. I have had two Model 32 Kriggys that were field gun choked, as verified by KI in Ottsville. Hal du Pont was a great businessman and understood fulfilling the customer's desire was the way to success.
Having stated that, many, many M32 guns have been modified, swapped, etc., today. In fact, it is still going on at a very rapid pace. At some point in the future an original factory verified 2-barrel trap combo, or an original factory verified 4-barrel skeet set is going to become rare and perhaps more desirable, regardless of grade of engraving. Not to mention a more rare live pigeon Crown Grade gun or something along those lines......

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Dustinthewind: I don't get the purpose of your response. Your answer to my question is?
I think he is well-intentioned, by attempting to show you what a current K80 San Remo engraving pattern looks like. After all, "San Remo" means a Krieghoff engraving pattern......

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
i have never seen 2 san remos the same.
but if your asking: if by having a san remo means something under the hood is different than a field gun............no.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
a vanilla ice cream cone with sprinkles is a still a vanilla ice cream cone.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
About two weeks before Bill Mains died I had a conversation with him and he explained to me how to do it. I did it. Thanks, Mike.
PS it is serial number 369. A very early gun converted to K-80 "innerds".
Sun-Nova Beach! that is a spectacular San Remo; as nice as I have ever seen - probably the best. Thanks for sharing with us.
BTW: That sure is a pretty lady in your avatar photo.
Mike

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I love the pretty lady!!!!!!!!!! Who cares what's sprinkled on her
She certainly is pretty. Mighty pretty, indeed. I hope she is as nice a person as she is physically pretty. I would reckon somebody with a camera caught her off her guard by total surprise, in order to have taken a picture of her in that attire. Something like: "I'm the fire chief, lady. Your house is on fire! Open the door!" And a news photographer was standing right there, camera ready, with the fire chief. Something like that, probably.
Well..... that could be. Maybe. I bet she would be very embarrassed if she knew that picture by the news photographer was on the internet.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I sold Krieghoff's for many years. Most of my sales were the high grade engraved guns. The Original San Remos were
lightly engraved and have gone through several upgrades. There were a few K- 32s that were deeper relief than the original. The Current San Remo is deep relief engraved and a long way from the original.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
heres my 1970 version in original finish, as it was given to me....
k5a.jpg

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
left side with dog.
hey mike, is this the famous walt disney soup bowl engraving?

k6a.jpg

1 - 20 of 47 Posts