Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a conference in San Diego in March. Anyone know of any active clubs in the area. How bout fishin' and other ways to spend my time while the wife is busy. Will be traveling from Nebraska, so the sunshine will be welcome. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
322 Posts
Lemon Grove Rod & Gun Club in Alpine (East County of San Diego)has a Friday night pot shoot every Fri at 6pm to 10pm. Sporting Clays fourth Sunday of the month starts at 8am

Here is the link to their web site.

http://lemongrovegunclub.com/

·
Registered
139 Posts
My suggestion for you as a former Alpine resident is:

For six days a week the Project 2000 can't be beat.

If you like the games Friday evening at Lemon Grove, and if you are there during the fourth Sunday the Sporting Clays course can't be beat. It draws people from all over So. Cal.

Have fun shooting in shorts and a tee shirt. In Boise we are in long handles and knit caps and freezing our cabungies off.

·
Banned
2,841 Posts
San Diego Shotgun Sports (Miramar) is one of the finest facilities in the U.S. American trap, multiple 5 stands,skeet,international skeet, two (that is two, not one) international bunkers. There is a daily charge and targets are not the cheapest in the USA but a hellofa shotgun club. And, I admit to being biased on this issue. Jake

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ajax, you raise a good issue. As a member of SDSSA I'll discuss that point with the Association. A few things to keep in mind:

We're an Association not privately owned.
We have little cash reserves.
Our income is spent on operations and new equipment.
Officers & Directors are volunteers that receive no compensation.
Unfortunately it's the cost of operating a range on So Cal.
Shooting fees are a dollar less all day Friday
The daily fee you refer to does not apply to Registered Shoots, practice before a registered sgoot and scheduled fun shoots.

Augie

·
Banned
2,841 Posts
Augie,
I agree with you that Ajax raises a good issue. Seems to me that with SD being the tourist meca that it is, we should have a two week membership or some type thing. Your just the man to raise it with the powers that be. Drop me an email. Best to you. RCC cclark(at)clarklawyers.com

·
Registered
183 Posts
You didn't see that in a SDSSA ATA Program. Since I post the ATA Program on our web site as well as create it I can say that without hesitation. Check out our current February 2007 ATA Program on our website.

jakearoo, you read my mind.

Augie

·
Registered
183 Posts
DB Bill; I responded several times but got a server error message so they didn't get posted.

You are correct. For each 100 target event the cost is $30 with $3 of that $30 going towards awards.

Augie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.