Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new in this forum but is there any way of posting a custom rife I want to sale in the for sale section before my 50 posts

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Post it up here Dave. You will have anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours to sell it before you get banned. I know that's not much comfort but there it is.

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
Trapshooters.com is pretty loose compared to other forums but ultimately 50 posts is the rule and really it is pretty easy between shooting related--off topics--hunting--reloading--and politics to reach 50 Decent quality posts. Do not use TTT---Nice Gun--and the other numerous one and two word posts that come up. Those type of post are what normally will get you a vacation when you cluster post one and two word posts.
I feel every clay target shooter has something decent to add to Trapshooters.com and reaching 50 is not that bad. There was a particular custom 1911 forum I wanted to be part of and you had to have 100 decent posts to just look at the classifieds. Im glad you enjoy Trapshooters.com George

·
Registered
29,356 Posts
George MT,

What about new people paying for an ad. Is that doable?

Reactions: Gussers

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Just thought mybe there was another way did not mean too put anyone in a bad mood
If you think that is bad, you might want to reconsider. This is a tough clubhouse to join.

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
From my understanding admin. does not want to get in to a pay by the ad type of situation as main. and administration of a pay for ad type of site would skyrocket and then from there you go from trapshooting discussion forum to managing a classified section that is pretty simple to way more involved. Trapshooting/Clay Target Discussion Forum first with some great sponsoring vendors with a basic classified is what I feel the purpose of the forum is.
Sure we are alittle loose here and not everything is perfect and will never make everyone happy but we are still the best Trapshooting site out there because of participating members and sponsoring vendors.

One of the things that I have found( and I know everyone has their negatives and positives) while dealing with classified ad issues here is there were a large number of retailers using the members for sale section under the guise of being just a single member and what they were doing was basically putting the screws to our sponsoring vendors by getting a free ad and blowing out their items with a Free ad while our Sponsoring Vendors were supporting the site and paying. To me that kind of thing had to stop, so like I said earlier Trapshooters.com is not perfect, myself as a mod. here will keep trying to do the best I can for the members and sponsoring vendors. Thanks for Supporting Trapshooters.com George

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,589 Posts
Select "Watch Thread" at the top of a couple of threads you find interesting and you will be more likely to post something meaningful. Pretty soon you'll be selling me your old reloader for cheap so I can fix it up and give it to a kid who loves to shoot. Look over In the reloading section to see what I mean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts