Trapshooters Forum banner

Sad news for Sportman’s Ware House!

4611 Views 36 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  10tenner
  • Parent company of Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, The Great American Outdoors Group, has agreed to acquire Sportsman's Warehouse for $18 in cash per share, according to a press release.
  • The parties expect the deal, which is subject antitrust review and a vote by Sportman's Warehouse shareholders, to close in the second half of 2021.
  • The deal would bring Bass Pro and Cabela's product brands, including on fishing and hunting gear, to Sportsman's Warehouse, the companies said.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Some time ago, the conspiracy theorists were saying that the buying companies were owned by parent companies that were ultimately owned by the “one world globalists” like Soros et. al. The ultimate goal being to own the majority of the companies selling guns and to shut down gun sales. Anyone heard any more speculation along those lines?

· Registered
262 Posts
If you can beat their prices, you buy them out. However our Sportsmans Warehouse in Tucson really sucks for Shotgunners. They never ween to have a variety of wads in stock. I have to order on line as I'm 80 miles south of Tucson. Then most of them only ship to the store and a very few will ship to my house. Of Course for a fee. The fee is normally cheaper than gas and the time for 3 hours of driving! round trip. No primers, a torn open bag of 28 GA wads, and a limited supply of shot!

· Registered
4,492 Posts
If you can beat their prices, you buy them out. However our Sportsmans Warehouse in Tucson really sucks for Shotgunners. They never ween to have a variety of wads in stock. I have to order on line as I'm 80 miles south of Tucson. Then most of them only ship to the store and a very few will ship to my house. Of Course for a fee. The fee is normally cheaper than gas and the time for 3 hours of driving! round trip. No primers, a torn open bag of 28 GA wads, and a limited supply of shot!
Seriously, I've never been to a major sporting goods store that truly has a good selection of shotgun reloading supplies. Need to hit the MOM and POP or specialty stores like Shyda's and CAC.

· Registered
262 Posts
Some time ago, the conspiracy theorists were saying that the buying companies were owned by parent companies that were ultimately owned by the “one world globalists” like Soros et. al. The ultimate goal being to own the majority of the companies selling guns and to shut down gun sales. Anyone heard any more speculation along those lines?
Soros is buying the le & Power companies out from what I've heard. Without those two, our guns become Bats!

· Registered
278 Posts
Maybe just maybe this will increase Bass Pro's buying power and when this shortage is back to normal , the price of ammo will be cheaper there ?
I'm still of the thinking , this shortage is a ploy from the job-er's ( middlemen) to jack up prices like we're seeing ? I hope I'm wrong .
With ALL these EURO shells on the market , how can there be a shortage world wide ? Somethin's up we don't know about ! YET

· Registered
15,230 Posts
Maybe just maybe this will increase Bass Pro's buying power and when this shortage is back to normal , the price of ammo will be cheaper there ?
Nope, the exact opposite. BP and associated companies will control a larger share of the market, driving prices up.

I'm still of the thinking , this shortage is a ploy from the job-er's ( middlemen) to jack up prices like we're seeing ? I hope I'm wrong .
You are.

With ALL these EURO shells on the market , how can there be a shortage world wide ?
Well, there's been this little thing called COVID going around too, worldwide...Target load shotshells are the LOWEST priority of any ammunition being currently made.

· Registered
63 Posts
I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I heard Sportsman’s sold out to Bass Pro. Cabelas used to be a great store. Since BP acquired them they went to crap. BP gear is cheap junk. I hope they don’t try and change Sportsman’s the way they did Cabelas. For me Sportsman’s and Sheels are the last of the good big box stores. Let us hope Sheels doesn’t fall as well.

· Registered
36,855 Posts
People here keep saying how awful Bass Pro is, how great Cabela’s use to be which begs a couple questions.

Who or what is the customer base and the marketing model that fed Bass Pro so much money Bass Pro could survive past and purchase Cabela’s and now Sportsman’s Warehouse?

Bass Pro must be doing something right, what is it?

· Registered
1,633 Posts
People here keep saying how awful Bass Pro is, how great Cabela’s use to be which begs a couple questions.

Who or what is the customer base and the marketing model that fed Bass Pro so much money Bass Pro could survive past and purchase Cabela’s and now Sportsman’s Warehouse?

Bass Pro must be doing something right, what is it?
They have a long history of selling cheap merchandise at high prices. Compare Tracker boats to Lund or Crestliner. Red Head clothing to Cabela's gear.

· Registered
36,855 Posts
They have a long history of selling cheap merchandise at high prices. Compare Tracker boats to Lund or Crestliner. Red Head clothing to Cabela's gear.
so.....people like buying cheap merchandise. Sounds like WalMart. One must know what sells to be successful.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.