Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking this would be a good gun to carry in my truck. Has anybody shot one or have any experience with one? Thanks

·
Ljutic Nut
2,950 Posts
Why not an older 4" model 19. It's a 357 mag and a much better built gun.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Probably because the old phartes who own those guns think they're worth 50% more than they are...and after you shoot a bunch of actual .357s through them, they ain't so well put together anymore.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have a 325PD, great gun, you'll love it. A little larger than a 357 but the light weight more than makes up for it. Preloaded moon clips are better than speedloaders.

·
Registered
25,284 Posts
One of the few guns I wish I hadn't traded off was a S&W 625 .45 ACP with a 3" barrel. What a great carry piece.

Still have an old S&W Model 25-2 Model of 1955 Target in 45 ACp with a 6.5" barrel. It's a bit large for concealed carry.

Both were quick to reload with half and full moon clips.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Excellent revolver that will serve well as a truck gun. They shoot incredibly well and are very controllable. Something you will look forward to plinking with at any opportunity and if it is ever needed for serious purposes you will have all the power and reliability that you could want.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Clint Smith Thunder Ranch says it all. I would encourage you to run a Net search on Clint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.