Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trade in S&W 442 Second Amendment issue, .38 Spc. +, 5 shot, original and laminated grips included. $375.00
Mike Battista
727 410 5212

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
That's a great Christmas sale price. If wasn't for my FFL transaction will cost over $100 I'd bought it already.

·
Banned
279 Posts
That is a great price on a very nice revolver. Steve W. I don't know where you live but $100 transfer fee is way high. I can transfer a gun here in SC for $25 somebody or some state regulation is ripping you a new one by charging a $100 transfer fee. Just my opinion no offense intended.

Ernie

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Ernie, I know what you are saying.

The local FFLs charge anywhere from $50 to $100 (mostly $100+) on handling fees if you buy from out of state. Plus $35 DOJ transfer fee, and in most cases User Tax. On top of shipping and insurance.

The state board send out many nasty letters to FFL holders to require them charge User Tax on interstate transfers, even from private parties (based on declared value). If it's from a FFL, then the bill of sale will be the tax base. It's hard to get around with the bill of sale value.

This system has successfully blocked many interstate handgun sales, since the fees will kill any deals under $1000. It's doesn't make much sense to pay $150 fees and tax to buy a $400 gun.

$375 for that 442 with $50 grips in the case is a great deal if I can walk in to Mike's shop and buy it. I love 442 & 642, I have a few of them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I called Mike Battista on the 26th a couple hours after I P.M. him about this pistol to buy it.He told me I was 2nd in line and I would hear from him by 3pm on the 26th.This is the typical gun dealer full of promises.Doesn't even have the curtesy to mark it sold here but he did on the Silver Dollar firearm site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts