Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a half a bag of Remington Power Piston RXP12 wads for 1 1/8 loads. I don't see them listed in my powder guide. Does anyone know what these are similar too? I think they may have been replaced by Fig. 8s.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
They were used in the old Rem. RXP/Premier hulls. If they are not brittle from age I still use them for 1 1/8 oz. loads with Gun Club and STS type hulls.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
RXP wads are listed in Alliant data for sure. What powder are you using? They typically require 1/2 grain less powder than Figure 8's for same velocity.

Last I cut open, Gun Clubs were still containing them.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
They can still be bought. Shop around for best price they still are high dollar regardless. As someone said Alliant has great reloading info on them. I still use them mostly in 20 gauge. May be the best wad out there. Too bad they haven't been cloned.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were used in the old Rem. RXP/Premier hulls. If they are not brittle from age I still use them for 1 1/8 oz. loads with Gun Club and STS type hulls.
Thanks, I think I'll follow the rec
RXP wads are listed in Alliant data for sure. What powder are you using? They typically require 1/2 grain less powder than Figure 8's for same velocity.

Last I cut open, Gun Clubs were still containing them.
I'm using 700X.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
keying on the word similar, they are similar to the waa12 wad and will work well with 700x loads. ive enjoyed them for many decades used in rem hulls.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hope Downrange Wads will clone them at some point in time. I use the RXP wad in a W-W HS hull with Green Dot for handicap. It's a great combination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts