Trapshooters Forum banner

RX question for Pilla inserts

2066 Views 14 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  pduthely
I recently purchased some blank prescription inserts for my Pilla Outlaw X7s.
I am taking them to my eye doctor to get the lenses put in.

My prescription for my regular glasses is a progressive.

Any advice on the setup?
Should I have them just do the prescription for the seeing at a distance?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
Brownings
1,221 Posts
I recently purchased some blank prescription inserts for my Pilla Outlaw X7s.
I am taking them to my eye doctor to get the lenses put in.

My prescription for my regular glasses is a progressive.

Any advice on the setup?
Should I have them just do the prescription for the seeing at a distance?

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Does this mean that the doctor's office has to grind the blanks to your prescription?

· Registered
6,264 Posts
They usually have an outside lab do that. Some Dr. offices have a small finished lens only lab, I worked for a Dr. that had one, After I got done making glasses 8 hrs. at LensCrafters, I drove over to his office and made glasses for 1-3 more hours, twice a week.

No
The blanks are just throw always. Your optics lab
Will make new lenses for you. I have had both Zeiss and Varilux. Both good
John
You're confusing a lens blank with a demo lens. Varilux is a brand of progressive lens. They were the shizzle 20 years ago, but have been surpassed by Zeiss, Nikon and Seiko.

· Registered
138 Posts
I DON'T recommend progressive lenses in your shooting glasses.
And what makes you such an expert???

Only kidding. I want to order Ocular Boot Camp. I watched my son have terrible learning issues. He ended up having poor eye motor skills coordination. Words and letters would appear and disappear. After a couple months of very specific exercises, he went from reading a year behind grade level to almost two years above grade level. After watching his improvement, I've always felt I could do something to improve my eye motor skills for clay targets.

*UPDATE: I just ordered your Ocular Boot Camp DVD!

Thank you for being willing to share.

wg

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for everyones advice here. I am working with a new eye doc with my recent move to Vegas.

I took the blanks in and explained what I needed. Brought my gun and Pillas with me.
I asked if I could bring the gun in and he was good with it and excited to do the setup.

I put the RX blanks in with my lightest clear lenses. Put the gun together and did a number of mounts so he could find the right focal point.
The doc really went the distance to get it right.

Went with the anti reflective on both sides with the far prescription only.

They are working on them now and I hope to have them this week. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.