Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - my winter project is done. Lots of sandpaper, Dremel tool use and Rem Oil and I finally have an old Remington 1100 back together that my son got in trade for helping a buddy out. Rusted tight shut. I'm not a gunsmith but feel a little good about myself for accomplishing the impossible task. Don't know how long I will leave it sit in the corner before I have the guts to shoot it....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right - time to take a walk in the field with some bird shot. It's just a shock to pull an 1100 up after my cheek has been snuggling a Kolar for so long.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
For a gun that was obsolete the day it was introduced, it has withstood the rigors of time. There were five different stocks on the basic 12. I think the third one fits me best. It is the high field stock.

Gunmakers seemed to put off making a real auto as long as they could, with the single exception of the Super X-1. Nowadays, the Beretta 400 is the 800 lb gorilla in the autoloading shotgun world. Other than their propensity to shoot high out of the box, they are the gun to beat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this one makes for three in the gun safe. I started on an trap grade 1100 then 1187. Still do get them out to bird hunt. So simple to fix - even a girl can do it. (Just keep clean!)

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I bought a 20 gauge Model 1100 made in 1974 that was a rusty, ugly duckling and had it Cerakoted. Turned out great - the Cerakote transformed the rather ruined blueing into a smooth, new-appearing surface. My wife is shooting it now (and doing great). Really nice shotgun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts