Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you have been to a state shoot you will see people with the three wheel "runner" strollers with gun mounts on them. I was at Iowa State Shoot and a guy from IL (Larry) told to me to get one of these instead of lugging all the stuff down the line when you can't get a parking space. I didn't write down the brand or the brands of carts or gun mounts. I saw a pile of them go down the line.

1.) What are the better brands that will hold up to this?
2.) What are the better gun mounts for this kind of setup?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Just google Rugged Gear carts. They have several models to pick from. They work very well, but they tend to be a bit pricey for some folks! Good Luck. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just buy a jogging stroller on Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, or local church/garage sale. Buy some koplin gun mounts. You are set…for about $100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,705 Posts
Just buy a jogging stroller on Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, or local church/garage sale. Buy some koplin gun mounts. You are set…for about $100.

I paid more for my Koplin gun mounts than I did for the stroller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which Koplin mounts work best? I think Larry just had a stroller and it may have Koplins.

Rugged Gear carts look good to. I think I saw these in MN.

·
Registered
140 Posts

I used these…and yeah, the mounts are more than what you will pay for the stroller.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have been to a state shoot you will see people with the three wheel "runner" strollers with gun mounts on them. I was at Iowa State Shoot and a guy from IL (Larry) told to me to get one of these instead of lugging all the stuff down the line when you can't get a parking space. I didn't write down the brand or the brands of carts or gun mounts. I saw a pile of them go down the line.

1.) What are the better brands that will hold up to this?
2.) What are the better gun mounts for this kind of setup?

Thanks.
. I have made several using the Bob Revolution jogging stroller and the gun mounts that Rugger Gear sell. I think the BOB Rev jogging strollers hold up good. May want to run slim in tires for punctures, but they will haul 2 shotguns and shells easily. I hauled 6 flats of shells in mine a week or so ago. You should be able to find the strollers on craigs list or Facebook market place real cheap...Good luck Keith

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use a Rugged Gear gun cart, they are worth the price. Easy to collapse and compact for getting in your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Commercial offerings are done well and usually feature-rich. But expensive. Depends on what you want it to do for you. My needs are simple - 2 guns, shooting bag and water. I might incorporate an umbrella holder to keep it all dry when needed. $110.00 as you see it.

Bicycle Wheel Land vehicle Tire Bicycle wheel rim
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Product Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Donor Schwinn Jogging stroller from Craigslist. Everything else is off-the-shelf parts and pieces. Folds up tight and fits in the trunk of the car. Does all I need it to do, with $$ to spare compared to commercial. It was one of my COVID-19 "Stay Home!" projects.

I still have the receipts for the hardware (somewhere).

Front Brackets - https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-MadDog-GearSoft-Utility-Single/dp/B006JMKHWY
Rear Offset Brackets - https://www.amazon.com/All-Rite-Products-Graspur-Single/dp/B0002MFJ20

Made in China bottle holders lasted two outings and the plastic failed under the stress of the bottles it was designed to hold. :cautious: Not worth the $10 they costed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Commercial offerings are done well and usually feature-rich. But expensive. Depends on what you want it to do for you. My needs are simple - 2 guns, shooting bag and water. I might incorporate an umbrella holder to keep it all dry when needed. $110.00 as you see it.

View attachment 1766336 View attachment 1766338

Donor Schwinn Jogging stroller from Craigslist. Everything else is off-the-shelf parts and pieces. Folds up tight and fits in the trunk of the car. Does all I need it to do, with $$ to spare compared to commercial. It was one of my COVID-19 "Stay Home!" projects.
That is perfection! I also used a Schwinn. The bigger wheels are great across gravel lots. Also, the locking brake keeps your cart from rolling off. I kept the seat to hold more gear and the drink holder for obvious reason. The canopy..that I threw out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,705 Posts
Any made with small block Chevy engines?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I built mine using a Bob Revolution stroller from Craigslist,($75) and some gun mounts from Rugged Gear. About $110.00 total. The Bob Revolution stroller new costs $525 but it is very well made with pneumatic ball bearing wheels, nice braking system, shock absorbers, heavy construction and folds well. I can't believe I didn't own one years ago.

When my son and daughter in law had a baby shower recently, a Bob Revolution was on the list and they didn't realize I had one already. I jumped on buying it for them and it was surprising how many other young parents at the party were eyeing this stroller up, especially the dads.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One other note about shotgun carts, I believe they protect your gun much better than the gun rack at the club. Locate the gun mounts so that the guns are with in the frame work of the cart and they will be better protected.

·
Registered
136 Posts
. I have made several using the Bob Revolution jogging stroller and the gun mounts that Rugger Gear sell. I think the BOB Rev jogging strollers hold up good. May want to run slim in tires for punctures, but they will haul 2 shotguns and shells easily. I hauled 6 flats of shells in mine a week or so ago. You should be able to find the strollers on craigs list or Facebook market place real cheap...Good luck Keith
How did you haul six flats? Did you just stack them in the seating area? Our girls were both tiny so never had to worry about weight. Yet wondering if six flats is getting to the upper end of what that seat can hold

Michael

·
Registered
12 Posts
How did you haul six flats? Did you just stack them in the seating area? Our girls were both tiny so never had to worry about weight. Yet wondering if six flats is getting to the upper end of what that seat can hold

Michael
Yes, stacked in seat area... was at its max capacity. lol But only wanted to make 1 trip across the club

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe this is a stupid question....but do any clubs have an issue with these since the guns are transported with closed actions?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would think not. Most times guns are closed on golf cart gun racks too. UTV pretty much the same also.
Makes sense. I've not been to an event where they've used them yet. Our club uses carts, but only to get to the furthest range out. I hadn't considered that as I've never had the need for one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Used cart off Craigslist: $30
Kolpin Grips from Amazon: $60 for 2 sets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GDH3JX3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Total cost: $90

Find a cart with large wheels. I think mine is one of the Baby Trend brand. Being able to lock the rear wheels is helpful. This cart has put in many miles shooting sporting clays over 2 seasons and still going strong. Easily hauls 2 guys stuff. Front wheel is removable with quick release and the cart is collapsible. It will fit in the bed of my truck with the cover down or in the back seat. Take a look at the Rugged Carts. They are nice, but $350 for the same thing. I'd recommend a Rugged Cart if you don't want to mess with building one yourself.

Wheel Tire Green Motor vehicle Tints and shades

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire

1 - 20 of 28 Posts