Trapshooters Forum banner

Rule Question

1673 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Perazzi_MX8
It's your turn and you call shoot and break the target while your buddy on another post shoots at the target out of turn.
How are the results scored?
When this has happened they normally make the shooter that was up shoot the target over.
Henry
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
It's your turn and you call shoot and break the target while your buddy on another post shoots at the target out of turn.
How are the results scored?
When this has happened they normally make the shooter that was up shoot the target over.
Henry
What's the rule book say?

· Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
No target.
#4 out of turn = do over
Yep.

While the other guy is "out of turn" I think the reason for the No Target is also because there is no real way to tell whether "your" shot broke the target. It might have looked like your shot did, but there's no way to definitively say.

What confuses some people about the similar "Out of Turn" rule is that everyone who shoots after the out of turn guy is also out of turn.

· Premium Member
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its usually the shooter of 5's turn and the guy on 1 shoots in then the guy on 2 is mounted and the scorekeeper is looking at the score sheet thinking WTH happened when the guy on 3 is waving his arms saying stop.
Then the the one guy that knows what's going on is trying to explain it to people wearing earplugs.
Then after a big discussion tha guy on 5 is looking for an extra shell the scorer is thinking that using a ink pen was a bad idea and the others don't know what's going on.

· Premium Member
227 Posts
I saw this happen on doubles recently, one guy shot out of turn (post 4) then the next guy (post 5) shot as he was rearing to go. Score keeper finally got order and then post 3 shot and the other two had to shoot over. All I kept thinking is 4 precious shells wasted :).

· Banned
1,793 Posts
Its usually the shooter of 5's turn and the guy on 1 shoots in then the guy on 2 is mounted and the scorekeeper is looking at the score sheet thinking WTH happened when the guy on 3 is waving his arms saying stop.
Then the the one guy that knows what's going on is trying to explain it to people wearing earplugs.
Then after a big discussion tha guy on 5 is looking for an extra shell the scorer is thinking that using a ink pen was a bad idea and the others don't know what's going on.
And all this is happening while the scorekeeper forgot to turn off the mikes and the targets are flying.

· Registered
6,262 Posts
That happened to me this spring, but not an ATA shoot. The guy behind me actually called pull on my bird, and hit it. The squad just kept going, but the scorer had noticed, so when it got back to me, I just shot twice. Not the way the ATA calls it but for a club league, eh, it worked. We had a good laugh about it after the round.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
That happened to me this spring, but not an ATA shoot. The guy behind me actually called pull on my bird, and hit it. The squad just kept going, but the scorer had noticed, so when it got back to me, I just shot twice. Not the way the ATA calls it but for a club league, eh, it worked. We had a good laugh about it after the round.
When a total disregard for the rules of trapshooting like this happens it makes me so madd. Should have neutered the scorer for their decision.
When things like this are allowed at a scored event the next thing that happens is you have a sock puppet in office running the country. It just isn't right at all,

PD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.