Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33,654 Posts
Yeah, I understand all that, but reason I was asking was some SC shooters recently told me the muzzle down carts will be going out. Checking the rule book did not support what they were telling me, but then again is something in the works? That was the reason for my inquiry. If the muzzle exposure to "any part of the body or guest" were strictly enforced, it would seem even the typical baby stroller carts like yours would be in violation. I have never seen a rule like this in the ATA rulebook last time I checked.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
33,654 Posts
Gbanker, who you referring to? I was posting pics of carts rented at a major shooting facility where the guns are carried muzzle up. This facility also has muzzle down with another cart they rent, but fewer of these that the muzzle up. I read the NSCA rule book and concluded up or down is permissible, but not horizontal which I would never consider, but apparently some have done in the past, thus the rule. Any gun in a cart with it's action closed presents a danger, up or down. Perhaps a better cart would be one designed to carry o/u and SBT with gun open? That would suit me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Up is OK as is down, in a golf cart vehicle or similar. I have a Rugged cart and if the guns were muzzle up they would be pointed at me a lot more than I would like. YMMV

·
Registered
33,654 Posts
Well that is pretty oblivious. What kind of fool would mount a gun muzzle up in a cart like the one kirk37 posted? The pics of the carts I posted hold the guns with the muzzle higher than head level. The typical gun rack at any club could be more dangerous and more likely produce an incident result of the Darwin Award, but more people use those every day than people with gun carts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The muzzle up rule is the most asinine rule in the book, probably brought about because of a few buffoon gun handlers that should have been run off the course. It needs to be removed from the rule book at best or not enforced at the least. What next NSCA, rubber pellets.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I made mine from a double jogging stroller. I use one side for my large shooting bag and have a cooler in the other side. I'm a plus sized guy for I keep sweat bands in ice water with ice in a ziplock bag, 4 of them, one for each trap. I also carry a couple quarts of gatorade with me to shoot a 100 bird event. I've never had any problems with heat by doing this which is quite amazing.

PD

·
Registered
225 Posts
I really like my Rugged Gear Cart, The front wheel swivels, I keep it locked most of the time, like it better that way.
Muzzle's down. Like Gbanker, would feel very uncomfortable with the barrels pointed at me. It's a mental thing.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts