Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, Take the stock off and you will see a link from the top lever to the safety. Remove this link and you have converted it to manual working.

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Easy job, take the rod out. I was in a hurry, and didn't even take anything apart. I cut the rod with a dremel tool and slid the pieces out.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Here's where you need to work on:

Ruger RL safety off.jpg

Reactions: Mr Earl

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
Speaking as a Ruger Armorer, I would highly suggest sending the gun back to Ruger, they will remove the auto safety feature AND give the gun a once over with any needed parts.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
I don't know if it is still true but if you mess with the insides of a Ruger they will void any warranty . After they where sued they where not happy about anyone playing with the insides.

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Speaking as a Ruger Armorer, I would highly suggest sending the gun back to Ruger, they will remove the auto safety feature AND give the gun a once over with any needed parts.
That is good to know, I never figured a manufacturer would allow any safety device to be bypassed.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
That is one of the few items they will modify or at least a few years ago they would modify it for somewhere around 40 or 50 dollars. And they will fix everything else that it needs normally for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts