Trapshooters Forum banner

Ruger 10 22

1905 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  the country boy
is it true Ruger does not make a 10 22 in a 22 mag? if this is so do you ever think they will make another one,I sure hoe so my brother had one , it was one hell of a praire dog gun
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,071 Posts
ah...no that is not true at all. They made well over 100k of them from 2000ish to about 2010.

· Registered
1,871 Posts
Hi All : Ruger made a Ruger 10/22 in Mag. It did not work out , Receiver was not strong enough. Other problems as well.
I have a high end Ruger Like Mag. Ruger Clip , Aircraft aluminum receiver and receiver and scope mount are all one. I forget the name. I want to say Auto Mag . I will get back to you. Need to go to gun safe. My semi auto is made by Magnum Research. Good gun $$$$
100/22 Mag made in 1999 ( Blue Book)

Joe Woods/Ontario

· Premium Member
15,940 Posts
I have a carbon fiber wrapped 22 magnum barrel for a 10/22 - I think it is Butler Creek (need to dig it out and check).

If anyone has an interest in it, let me know. I have no idea what it is worth...

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All : Ruger made a Ruger 10/22 in Mag. It did not work out , Receiver was not strong enough. Other problems as well.
I have a high end Ruger Like Mag. Ruger Clip , Aircraft aluminum receiver and receiver and scope mount are all one. I forget the name. I want to say Auto Mag . I will get back to you. Need to go to gun safe. My semi auto is made by Magnum Research. Good gun $$$$
100/22 Mag made in 1999 ( Blue Book)

Joe Woods/Ontario
So did ruger recall these guns and fix the problem? or did they just stop making them? the one my brother had never had an issue. I wishi could get my hands on it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.