Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a breakdown for cleaning the 10/22 rifle? Thought this was covered before, but i can't find the thread. Thanks, dennis

·
Premium Member
12,596 Posts
It isn't rocket surgery... a couple of pins drop out the trigger group and the bolt drops down from that. Needn't go any further than that. Conceptually similar to an 870 breakdown.

Many aftermarket manufacturers of 10/22 receivers have added a cleaning port on the back of the receiver block so you can clean the barrel from the breach end not the muzzle.

Reactions: Saxman

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
It isn't rocket surgery... a couple of pins drop out the trigger group and the bolt drops down from that. Needn't go any further than that. Conceptually similar to an 870 breakdown.

Many aftermarket manufacturers of 10/22 receivers have added a cleaning port on the back of the receiver block so you can clean the barrel from the breach end not the muzzle.
I will add one thing here. That is the ejector can rotate out of position on its pin, which isn't bad because the bolt will not open when this happens. But my gunsmith friends and myself get to do more "repairs" when this has happened, it's really simple but ......... so just saying be aware

1 - 4 of 4 Posts